PDA

View Full Version : T43 Clarification to parameters

Redline Motorsports
May 10th, 2012, 06:51 AM
I'm trying to clarify the understanding of several parameters in the T43 controller. Specifically the 2012 6L90E logic. The questions are all over but thats just how my mind works..

For starters we have three modes to the end user;

1) Automatic Mode (selector in Drive)
2) Automatic Mode Sport (selector in S mode)
3) Manual Mode (using paddles) (TUTD)

Of course GM doesn't refer to these as such in the calibration so I'm trying to verify the following with respect to SHIFT PATTERN and rar

In this particular calibration we have;

1) NORMAL
2) PATTERN A
3) PATTERN B

Do they correspond as noted above?? Because these parameters below just make it more confusing...

{D7010} Shift Pattern A
{D7011} Shift Pattern B
{D8010} Pressure Pattern, Normal Select
{D8011} Pressure Pattern, Shift Pattern A Select
{D8012} Pressure Pattern, Shift Pattern B Select
{D8013} Pressure Pattern, TAP Up/Down Auto Select
{D8014} Pressure Pattern, TAP Up/Down Select
{D8015} Pressure Pattern, 4WD Low Select

D2216 for converter lock pressure ramp.....

This table will raise pressure to the TCC if it measures the noted rpm of slip. I assume that the rpm of slip is tied to TCC Desired slip tables? If so if you zero the Desired slip tables is D2216 still an active table?

Whats the difference with the WOT TCC lock up tables like say D2201 which has a row for 100 TPS (or WOT) and a paramater like D2225? Which one supercedes the other?

How does "self cleaning" work?? I see people have noted that it makes a difference to active through the DVT controls....

I have a TECH2 which we have used for years for doing FAST ADAPTIVE RELEARNS....every time I try and use that function with EFIL it doesnt work and it freezes the TCM and have no gears....a reflash fixes it....whats up with that?

I think its time to collectively assembly a TCM road map!

Howard

GMPX
May 10th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I know exactly where I'd like the T43's road map to end up :sly:
I thought after adding the slip tables the T43 nightmare would leave me for a few weeks at least.

I'll skip the first few questions and let someone else chime in with their experiences, but the last few questions.
"Self Cleaning" is a function performed by the TCM where it cycles all the solenoids at min to full pressure, I am positive it also resets the adapts as part of that process too.

I have a TECH2 which we have used for years for doing FAST ADAPTIVE RELEARNS....every time I try and use that function with EFIL it doesnt work and it freezes the TCM and have no gears....a reflash fixes it....whats up with that?
First I've heard about this, anyone else find this?

Rhino79
May 10th, 2012, 12:41 PM
I'm trying to clarify the understanding of several parameters in the T43 controller. Specifically the 2012 6L90E logic. The questions are all over but thats just how my mind works..

For starters we have three modes to the end user;

1) Automatic Mode (selector in Drive)
2) Automatic Mode Sport (selector in S mode)
3) Manual Mode (using paddles) (TUTD)

Of course GM doesn't refer to these as such in the calibration so I'm trying to verify the following with respect to SHIFT PATTERN and rar

In this particular calibration we have;

1) NORMAL
2) PATTERN A
3) PATTERN B

Do they correspond as noted above?? Because these parameters below just make it more confusing...

{D7010} Shift Pattern A
{D7011} Shift Pattern B
{D8010} Pressure Pattern, Normal Select
{D8011} Pressure Pattern, Shift Pattern A Select
{D8012} Pressure Pattern, Shift Pattern B Select
{D8013} Pressure Pattern, TAP Up/Down Auto Select
{D8014} Pressure Pattern, TAP Up/Down Select
{D8015} Pressure Pattern, 4WD Low Select

D2216 for converter lock pressure ramp.....

This table will raise pressure to the TCC if it measures the noted rpm of slip. I assume that the rpm of slip is tied to TCC Desired slip tables? If so if you zero the Desired slip tables is D2216 still an active table?

Whats the difference with the WOT TCC lock up tables like say D2201 which has a row for 100 TPS (or WOT) and a paramater like D2225? Which one supercedes the other?

How does "self cleaning" work?? I see people have noted that it makes a difference to active through the DVT controls....

Howard

I personally think that only shift pattern A and B are used in the fbody cals. BUT D7010 thru D8015 are just used to setup which pattern uses which shift time and pressure tables. I like to keep these as they are due to the fact that there are inertia factors and other modifiers tied to each shift pattern.

I believe D2216 is still active, I think it controls the amount of pressure on lockup vs. slip measured between the input speed and output speed. At least It seemed to firm up on mine when I 0'd the slip tables and bumped this table a good bit, especially around the lower slip rpm cells.

The self cleaning does work well, but I also always end up with no gears on the fast adpat relearn. So I only reset the adapts and preset the adapts, I don't ever learn the adapts anymore.

GMPX
May 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM
but I also always end up with no gears on the fast adpat relearn.
We'll change the button to "Force Limp Mode" :tongue:

Rhino79
May 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
LOL!! Every once in a while it works for me, but if you reset the adapts and hit the preset button, it will learn pretty quickly.

Redline Motorsports
May 10th, 2012, 02:18 PM
so does my breakout for different gear ranges make sense relative to the 2012 6L90E?

Redline Motorsports
June 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Bumping this thread as I'm still trying to confirm the Patterns....also I don't believe these patterns are the same between the 6L80 and 6L90 trans....can anyone clarify this?

ls1mike
June 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have found A to be normal, B to be sport or tow/haul and C to be HOT. This is what you're asking?

Redline Motorsports
June 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I have found A to be normal, B to be sport or tow/haul and C to be HOT. This is what you're asking?

Well in the ZL the C seems to be paddle mode.

ls1mike
July 24th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I was wrong C is cruise control, paddle is in the tap to shift tables. Hot has its own section.

Some of them A is towhaul B is cruise.