PDA

View Full Version : Bricked H3... almost

SwedeBurb
May 11th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I came close to bricking my wife's 2007 Hummer H3 3.7L tonight! I could read it without any issues. When I went to reflash it failed... it erased the PCM memory and just when it said it was starting to reflash it failed. I could not get any contact with the PCM after that so I tought I was f***ed. Luckily I was able to reprogram it with GM SPS using a Mongoose cable so the truck is now up and runnig again :eek:

Does anyone know exactly what I need to do to avoid having that experience again? Any specific fuses that need to be pulled or should I just rip out the PCM and bench flash it instead?

/Stefan

GMPX
May 12th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Have you downloaded the latest V7 & V8 software releases HERE (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)? (Plus update the V2 firmware).
These contain a fix for a bug that recently popped up that allowed modules on the vehicle to come back to life during the PCM erase which interrupted the flash process.

Cheers,
Ross

SwedeBurb
May 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Yes, I was running..

7.5.7 (Build 206)
8.2.1 (Build 197)
Bootblock 2.07.04
Firmware 2.07.29

Should I send you guys the .blx files?

/Stefan

Blacky
May 13th, 2012, 06:39 AM
I came close to bricking my wife's 2007 Hummer H3 3.7L tonight! I could read it without any issues. When I went to reflash it failed... it erased the PCM memory and just when it said it was starting to reflash it failed. I could not get any contact with the PCM after that so I tought I was f***ed. Luckily I was able to reprogram it with GM SPS using a Mongoose cable so the truck is now up and runnig again :eek:

Does anyone know exactly what I need to do to avoid having that experience again? Any specific fuses that need to be pulled or should I just rip out the PCM and bench flash it instead?

/Stefan

If you used the V8 software to flash the truck, can you please locate the *.htx trace file of the failed flash and send it to me.
If you used V7 software to flash the truck, can you please locate the *.blx trace file of the failed flash and send it to me.
Send to paul@efilive.com

Instructions on where to find the trace files are at the bottom of this page:
http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8254-QOGC-9586

Regards
Paul

SwedeBurb
May 13th, 2012, 09:33 AM
E-mail sent...

/Stefan