PDA

View Full Version : upgrade OS

aaronr
May 12th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I want to up grade my 02 chevy truck OS to an 2003 Chevrolet Express Van Automatic. I couldn't find a wire diagram to compare to. I know the pcm will need to be upgrade to 1MB pcm. Did they change the pin configuration in 03 pcm? Thanks for the help.

Taz
May 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I want to up grade my 02 chevy truck OS to an 2003 Chevrolet Express Van Automatic. I couldn't find a wire diagram to compare to. I know the pcm will need to be upgrade to 1MB pcm. Did they change the pin configuration in 03 pcm? Thanks for the help.

The 2003+ LS1-B have Blue / Green PCM connectors - the main difference is how the O2 sensors are pinned / controlled. If this PCM / OS change is to address your A/C issue - it won't help.

Regards,
Taz

aaronr
May 12th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Taz,
So I assuming you read my other thread about how i add the a/c pressure sensor to my truck to help control my fans. Why don't you think the upgrade os wouldn't help me?
Thanks

Taz
May 12th, 2012, 09:50 PM
In post #1 you indicate not having schematics for the proposed PCM pinouts - which means you are working without an OEM quality manual(s) or DVD of some sort - these are a necessary resource.

GM used several different A/C control systems with the LS1-B PCM - the Express / Savana systems (all Gen III) are similar to your existing system - which does not work correctly with an A/C pressure sensor.

Regards,
Taz

aaronr
May 13th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Taz,
What is the best way to set up these fans to get what looking for then? Thanks

Taz
May 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Posting in your original thread ... no sense in having two threads going for the same issue ....

Regards,
Taz