PDA

View Full Version : injector balance rates

Hunter t
May 13th, 2012, 04:27 AM
I am trying to check the balance rates of my injectors because I think I am starting to have problems with them. I have looked all over my efi scan tool and asked on many forums and what most people say to do I can not find. I have no listing of balance rates under my PID tabe anywhere. I have also went under vdt and found where I can shut injectors off but I don't think it is working and I can't find where to read the info from that. I guess I am looking for step by step instructions on how to do this incase I am just doing something wrong. This is very frustrating and it sounds like it should be pretty simple to do. Someone please help.....

Chuck L.
May 13th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Balance rates?? Not sure what you are looking for.:unsure:
What issues do you suspect are happening??

LB72004
May 13th, 2012, 07:13 AM
what engine are you checking?

make sure you have the correct ECM selected in the scan tool, then when connected press Shift + F2 to validate the pids. in the list of pids you should see "Balancing Fuel Flow Rate Cylinder #1" though 8. select them and log

Brian1
May 13th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Post as much info as to what you are working on. If a Duramax diesel and no Balance Rate PIDs then check this post. Look at my last post in this one.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17846-No-Balance-Rate-PIDs

Most important download and install the latest of both V7.5 and V8 software as well as updating the Firmware and BootBlock on the Flahscan V2 if that is what you have.
If still no balance rate PIDs then exit the Scan app and rename the EFILive directory I mention in that post. Restart the Scan app and follow the steps mentioned to start scanning.

Brian

joecar
May 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Sounds like a diesel topic, I'm moving it to the diesel section...

Hunter t
May 14th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Yes sorry it is a 04 gmc lb7 duramax

Brian1
May 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Just seeing if you got it figured out and what you had to do to get it working.

Brian

Hunter t
May 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Yes Brain I got it working. Just had to update my software and had trouble figuring how to do it. But thanks to the people on this site I got it working

Hunter t
May 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Now my results show me I think I need new injectors.......that sucks

Brian1
June 11th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Got to checking old post glad you got it working. To bad on the injectors.

Brian