PDA

View Full Version : EFILive Leading Tuning Innovation

Taz
May 19th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Gentlemen,

I could not resist posting this ...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39096

The HPT crowd is now asking for what EFILive has to offer ... the Torque Model.

For awhile the reverse was a source of tension on this Forum ... amazing how innovation can quickly change perspectives.

Regards,
Taz

Mikz86ta
May 19th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Lol nice.
Im glad I went with EFILive and not HPT. I have alot of buddies w/ HPT but with the helpfulness of a few guys so far I am happy. Plus the software (even tho I am using V1) is very easy to navigate :) Tutorials are amazing and once I get acclimated to using it in general Im sure I will be more comfortable

GMPX
May 19th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Recently I was pointed to a thread on another forum where a HPT fan boy was suggesting that the Torque Model was a marketing scam, just like the Virtual VE tables were (just a marketing scam).

Mikz86ta
May 19th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Question : I saw this profram a guy developed (beta) that was a Dyno program u interact HPT with and it was really cool. Had it downloaded but never got to play with it since I got EFILive instead of HPT. But is there anything such for EFI?

Boost
May 19th, 2012, 11:47 AM
:) everyone knows EFILive is top dog. You are either using it or getting beat by it. It is amazing how much crap the Sonic / Cruze crowd right now is talking about our software. I have been outcast-ed and banned for sticking up for EFILive lol. My mistake arguing with a mainstream non-tuning non common sense crowd. I am convinced that with the currently available WORLD CLASS support for E78 / T76, we can meet and exceed the limits of the 1.4t and and have smooth driveability, great efficiency and reliability. Despite Vtuner's outstanding results, and what I've seen on my very fast tune only Cruze they were very skeptical since at the moment, a full racing non EFILive Sonic has the fastest time. Just wait until someone with proper funding spends a few hours tweaking a Sonic so we can snatch this temporary and easy to match record and add it to the huge collection. Btw HP is still dreaming of 2011 Cruze basic tuning lmao...

Taz
May 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Recently I was pointed to a thread on another forum where a HPT fan boy was suggesting that the Torque Model was a marketing scam, just like the Virtual VE tables were (just a marketing scam).

Too funny ... below is an HPT thread where people are pressing for when their VVE will be ready ... apparently it is in Beta.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37308

Guess HPT is joining in on the marketing scam ...

Regards,
Taz

minytrker
May 19th, 2012, 02:15 PM
I just posted on the G8 forum about it to.

cindy@efilive
May 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM
They have their 4 year anniversary for the last public release coming up shortly too.....

GMPX
May 19th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Question : I saw this profram a guy developed (beta) that was a Dyno program u interact HPT with and it was really cool. Had it downloaded but never got to play with it since I got EFILive instead of HPT. But is there anything such for EFI?
EFILive has had two way dyno interaction for years. It was first developed with Mainline Dyno's here in Australia (handy when they are just around the corner). Essentially the Dyno PC talks to the V2 unit, from that the dyno gets all the scantool data off the vehicle and the V2 can pass through dyno data (such as power, torque, WBO2 etc) to the EFILive scantool. If you look in the V2 menu where it talks about the Serial Port settings, there is the option, for WBO2 or Dyno, this is what the dyno setting is for.

I have been outcast-ed and banned for sticking up for EFILive lol. My mistake arguing with a mainstream non-tuning non common sense crowd.
Internet forums can be as corrupt as politicians, if you get banned for saying something against the golden child then there is politic$ involved. Whilst we appreciate you trying to educate the forum trolls, sometimes it is a lost cause I'm afraid.

Too funny ... below is an HPT thread where people are pressing for when their VVE will be ready ... apparently it is in Beta.
I don't think they will ever do that, I think I am right in suggesting that a SD 'custom OS' for the E38 is an additional 2 credits? there's that gone if they implement VVE. I would hate to be in Chris's shoes trying to do the SD COS for all 121 E38/E67 OS's (well, that's how many we support), so maybe the lost revenue is worth it for he's sanity. I assume it would not be a trivial change he's doing, which probably explains why they only offer it on a handful of OS's. Of course then they'll have the fun of doing it all again for the E39 & E78 because the VVE is different on them :Eyecrazy:

kangsta
May 19th, 2012, 07:16 PM
The fan patch is also part of the HPT custom os and not available separately so if you want just that you have to cough up 2 credits ($198 usd)

mr.prick
May 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM
They have their 4 year anniversary for the last public release coming up shortly too.....

Does that version enable the external inputs for black box logging? :anitoof:

mpvi pro standalone wideband logging (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33213&highlight=stand)

GMPX
May 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
The fan patch is also part of the HPT custom os and not available separately so if you want just that you have to cough up 2 credits ($198 usd)
Wow, I didn't know that.

Does that version enable the external inputs for black box logging?
Unfortunately most consumers purchase on cheapest price, not features. Compare the black box features of the V2 vs the MPVI, I don't remember the last time I actually flashed my car with a laptop, it's those luxuries that make the extra $150 (I think that is right) entry price with EFILive well worth it. Plus, if you are doing an SD or boosted tune on an E38 it's going to cost you more to purchase HPT and the custom OS credit than EFILive anyway.

Boost
May 19th, 2012, 10:20 PM
:) I am so proud and glad that I ended up with EFILive. The only problem I've ever had with it though the years is trying to learn all it is capable of doing (and there are plenty of resources provided). It was one of the best decisions of my life, and I have never looked back. Quite honestly I will never need another tuning software in my lifetime! (but then again I am real small time). Cheers! :)

Rhino79
May 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I love efilive, and am very thankful you guys have been working on the t43 again for the vital parameters. I work at performance minded GM dealer where we have a dyno, and build all types of ls product as well as some ford. We have and use Efilive, Hptuners, Cats, SCT, and I have also worked with Fast and Accel DFI. I tune pretty much exclusively with EFILive with the exception of vehicles that were licensed to our HP cable before I started there. Going from Efilive to Hp is like going from Xbox 360 to Nintendo.

SO thanks Ross , Paul and all involved in making this the most complete and advanced tuning solution there is on the market!

kangsta
May 20th, 2012, 12:26 AM
you really go get spoilt with the scanner and how well thought out everything is in EFILive. I've said it before on here, I use EFILive, HPT, Tunerpro and Kalmaker on a regular basis. My favourites has to be EFILive and Kalmaker, everything is well thought out and functional. The cost of the EFILive interface or the credits isnt an issue vs. HPT because I know when I use Efilive the scanner is fast and works, and BBx features are all awesome. The time saved and minimal fuss is worth it!

FYI, HPT users have been asking for features EFILive has had for years - things like advanced filtering, table masking in the editor etc. Not to mention code reading and clearing through the interface.

Mikz86ta
May 20th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Thx GMPX, I look into tht. Didnt know abt tht but I also have V1 controller.

cindy@efilive
May 20th, 2012, 02:35 PM

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37308

Guess HPT is joining in on the marketing scam ...

Regards,
Taz

You must have hit a nerve - that thread has been heavily moderated today...

Cheers
Cindy

joecar
May 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Question : I saw this profram a guy developed (beta) that was a Dyno program u interact HPT with and it was really cool. Had it downloaded but never got to play with it since I got EFILive instead of HPT. But is there anything such for EFI?If I understand what you said, it is a piece of software that analyzes your HPT log file and creates a dyno graph from it... i.e. it's a virtual dyno, I don't know if you can really use this for anything other than bench racing.

kangsta
May 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I dont think it was VVE in that it would back calculate the coeff like EFILive, rather just a display of what you would get from the coeff.

Boost
May 20th, 2012, 09:55 PM
In the E78, the Delivered Torque PID id very accurate. By using the RPM PID you can calculate horsepower and there goes your dyno graph.

GMPX
May 20th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Have you seen that peak torque figure change as you've been tuning?

Boost
May 21st, 2012, 12:04 AM
Absolutely Ross, I recorded a max of 144 lb / ft stock which is very close to to the factory rating of 148, and a peak of 189 tuned, similar to what other tuners are achieving. My logs are posted here on this forum. It's a work in progress but the car flies compared to stock and pushing 23 psi boost @ 2500 RPM.