PDA

View Full Version : quick question for you guys...other vehicle types

soundengineer
February 11th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Just curious a I seem to be doing a shit ton of tuning
I have HPT, and I will be adding ford and doge stuff thru them...
somewhere I thought I saw something about EFI adding honda?? or somehing like that??

just looking for my solution to imports
are you guys doing them in the future???

Dirk Diggler
February 11th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I've never heard such a thing. Where'd you get this info from

Tordne
February 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
You don't tune imports do you? I thought they just got faster with the addition of large exhausts and Apexi & HKS stickers :muahaha:.

Black02SS
February 11th, 2006, 03:54 PM
I can't say yes or no on this Scott as I have never heard of them wanting to take on anything other then GM. I don't know why HPT doesn't add it if they are already in the process of adding GM and Dodge, I would just ask for them to add the support.

TAQuickness
February 11th, 2006, 04:01 PM
somewhere I thought I saw something about EFI adding honda?? or somehing like that??

For anyone who may be wondering what this is all about, Sound Engineer is a moderator at HPTuners Forum. He is a prime example of the type of support and service HPTuners provides their customers.

In this example, you can almost see the adrenaline flowing through his fingers, as he types this ignorant post as fast as he can, miss-spelling the simplest of words, and ignoring the most basic principles of the English language. Great job Scott!

emarkay
February 11th, 2006, 04:21 PM
HPT, Ricers, EFILive? Huh?

Dude, just put a louder fart pipe on your wrong wheel drive chainsaw motor, and turn up your bass till your doors rattle, and then you won't hear all of us laughing at you! Sayonara sucka... ;)

Tordne
February 11th, 2006, 04:25 PM
HPT, Ricers, EFILive? Huh?

Dude, just put a louder fart pipe on your wrong wheel drive chainsaw motor, and turn up your bass till your doors rattle, and then you won't hear all of us laughing at you! Sayonara sucka... ;)

I love it.. There is no emoticon for that :cheers: :beer: :master:

GMPX
February 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM

Honda, you're sources are so wrong.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
February 11th, 2006, 04:28 PM
I can't say yes or no on this Scott as I have never heard of them wanting to take on anything other then GM. I don't know why HPT doesn't add it if they are already in the process of adding GM and Dodge, I would just ask for them to add the support.

Depends if Superchips already do them :moon1:

Black02SS
February 11th, 2006, 04:31 PM
:muahaha:That just made my night Ross. :master:

TAQuickness
February 11th, 2006, 04:32 PM

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Tordne
February 11th, 2006, 04:32 PM
:muahaha:That just made my night Ross. :master:

Yeah man!!! Mine too. My wife is giving me a funny look now cause I just totally cracked up :thankyou2:

joecar
February 11th, 2006, 10:23 PM
ROFLOL this is already very funny, and it seems it will get even more so
(and there's no emoticon that can express the look on my face)...
ROFLOL
ROFLOL
ROFLOL
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: .... (the emoticon limit is 4)

soundengineer
February 11th, 2006, 10:30 PM
just the kind of responses I was expecting.....

real nice and friendly.....

I honestly dont remember where I saw it...but I could have sworn it said that with your guys v2 interface that you guys were going to be adding honda and toyota...but I guess I was mistaken...

thanks for your time...
guess I'll keep looking....

and FYI...theres a lot of rice vs muscle going on here in KC...even though 95% of the time muscle wins a race....doesnt mean that the rice will stop trying, and they want to pay for tuning just like the muscle guys do...

GMPX
February 11th, 2006, 11:25 PM

You may notice that sort of response only ever happens to a few users that drop by every now and then.......like I said to the last person, ask yourself why?

I honestly don't remember where I saw it...but I could have sworn it said that with your guys v2 interface that you guys were going to be adding honda and toyota...but I guess I was mistaken...

The Honda market is pretty busy as is with tuning gear, I pity yourself on a dyno with one of those horrid things at full song :Throwup:
Not sure if you are tuning with the HPT FORD stuff yet, but I bet you are having fun getting your head around how FORD do things :Eyecrazy: , crazy stuff, you can bet Honda would be another ball game.
As for Toyota, I've not seen a real late model Toyota PCM, but their PCM's from the 90's were very unique to say the least, much like late model Chrysler, no external Flash chip, everything is stored in the CPU, VERY difficult to hack into.

Our V2 interface is really still aimed at GM as it covers all GM's baud rates and protocols, though with CAN finding its way into everything these days who knows.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - If you didn't see the funny side of my comment, you take this all too seriously.

emarkay
February 12th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Hey Soundengineer,
Actually, if a ricer was looking for well engineered and scientifically proven (obeying the laws of physics) method of increasing the performance of their vehicle, I'd support it 100%!

It's all about vehicle dynamics, efficiency and common sense.

But a 25 pound "carry handle" on the trunk, with its boundary layer drag, a few 50 pound subwoofers, with a harmonic resonance the same as the sheet metal (causing dynamic instability at speed), the chuckwagon wheels and rollerskate tires that provide no cornering ability, the XBox and TV monitors that eminate RFI to induce noise in the PCM, the 10,000 watt radio that causes a 35 hp parasatic drag on the alternator, the torque steer from the FIAT school of design, and that chrome plated disco ball on the mirror blocking the view, are all counterintuitive to anything along the lines of "performance".

But they provide hours of enjoyment for those that know better. Mmm-kay?

TAQuickness
February 12th, 2006, 08:06 AM

Have you ever not been the victim?

BowlingSS
February 12th, 2006, 08:58 AM
:muahaha: :muahaha: :exactly: :cheers:

GMPX
February 12th, 2006, 10:08 AM
But they provide hours of enjoyment for those that know better. Mmm-kay?

As do your posts :muahaha:

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
February 12th, 2006, 10:26 AM
ROFLOL this is already very funny, and it seems it will get even more so
(and there's no emoticon that can express the look on my face)...
ROFLOL
ROFLOL
ROFLOL
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: .... (the emoticon limit is 4)
More, more...

soundengineer
February 12th, 2006, 11:21 AM
P.S - If you didn't see the funny side of my comment, you take this all too seriously.

I see the humor...but you also usually do it in a way thats not so offensive...
its the other lackies around here that need to get an attitude and customer service check...

IF for some reason I decdided to buy an EFI unit down the road...I would assume that the "others" that I am talking about would still have an issue with me and decide to sling crap my way....

I didnt sling crap at black02ss when he posted on HPT...and I even said on ls1tech that I wasnt too happy about the higher powers doing their things to the post...(but hey I'm not the guy in charge either)

but I would suggest that you mention to people that when somebody like me posts a legitimate question that they should respond in a serious manner and not commence bashing on the person like a 6th grade bully does to a 3rd grader....

customer support is all about being polite so that you can keep the business you have and get the business you dont have yet....

and thank you for the approprite responses..except for that one...LOL:moon1:

Black02SS
February 12th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Scott, how can we take a post that you made around the same time a "thread" is being discussed on tech as serious? It looks like to me that it was made to stir trouble. On top of that, its about a damn honda. LOL

The reason you didnt' sling crap about my post is because you agree with a lot of it. ;)

soundengineer
February 12th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Scott, how can we take a post that you made around the same time a "thread" is being discussed on tech as serious? It looks like to me that it was made to stir trouble. On top of that, its about a damn honda. LOL

The reason you didnt' sling crap about my post is because you agree with a lot of it. ;)

I do agree with some of it...
I dont like to sling crap cause its just not who I am...
In my real job...and Audio Engineer...I deal with lots of new people every day...and have learned how to be pretty courteous to all of them...even the ones who act like assholes....

and...I asked about the US import market...so it has nothing to do with the other threads on tech....
sorry if you took it the wrongway and thought I was stirring trouble....

try to think of me in this manner from now on....
IF I ask a question..99% of the time its because I am looking for a real answer...

and pardon any typo's..I'm tired of proofreading today..LOL

TAQuickness
February 12th, 2006, 12:45 PM
hmm... Can't seem to find my violin.

So you want to be taken seriously... seriously?

:muahaha: WTF does that mean? A shit ton? That must be somewhere between a bubba load and an ass full...

But seriously...

Sorry bud, still can't seem to find one ounce of serious in your post here.

doge :D How exactly is that pronounced?

Well I'll be! Look what I just found!

http://70.116.105.79/efilive/violin.gifhttp://70.116.105.79/efilive/violin.gif

Dirk Diggler
February 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I guess this was a pretty friendly representation of your company and its antics

and if you say that you cant afford a wideband...like the other prick bastards that spend 12grand on a motor and dontr want to spend an extra $200 for a wideband...then you should die and go to hell and burn there..
sorry for the harsh feelings....

soundengineer
February 12th, 2006, 12:54 PM
um.....again....
"and pardon any typo's..I'm tired of proofreading today..LOL"

its seems to me that the only person that seems to care obout people is your site admin.......the only person who really matters and gave me the answer I was looking for...
thank you for your time...
if you guys ever dive into things other than GM...I hope you will all be a little nicer and less critical when guys like me inquire about it...

see you all somewhere else again online:wave:

TAQuickness
February 12th, 2006, 12:58 PM
so what kinda rice you got there?

Black02SS
February 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Man you guys are just killing him. The topic has been adressed and answered, why dont' we just let it go?

TAQuickness
February 12th, 2006, 01:03 PM
now now.... you should take me seriously Chad. SE has an import tuning problem and i'm just trying to help him ;)

emarkay
February 12th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Mods - let's lock this'n. As for SE, maybe he's not driving Uncle Ben's best, but even I would have a hard time making a customer out of someone who is more worried about the diameter of his wheels and exhaust pipe than the lift and duration of his cam.

Over and out.

TAQuickness
February 12th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Mods - let's lock this'n. As for SE, maybe he's not driving Uncle Ben's best, but even I would have a hard time making a customer out of someone who is more worried about the diameter of his wheels and exhaust pipe than the lift and duration of his cam.

Over and out.

:coool: :cheers:

soundengineer
February 12th, 2006, 04:43 PM

Over and out.

I'm driving a 2000 camaro SS.....
manufatured in Quebec canada.....
yeah...american car made in CANADA...LOL

I am definately not driving rice......
but there is something to be said about a local guy here in KC thats running 40lbs of boost and is running 10's on street tires....in a newer toyota supra....
full stock interior...plus a cage and 5 point...
and that 40lbs is on the stock block....even though I think I could drink more in one sitting than his engine displacement

its a good market to go after..and I want a piece of teh money from it

GMPX
February 12th, 2006, 05:03 PM
It's been done to death, all finished........but no locking, I am anti-lock, locking is electronic censorship.

There is alot of arguing over at LS1Tech between all these guys, I don't care what is said between them, figure this was an opportunity to vent some anger at someone who is always involved in these arguments.
I personally have far better things to be doing than visiting that forum on a daily basis, it could and should be 'the' LS1 forum to visit but there are many issues as far as how the whole PCM section is administered that make me want to stay well away, I don't need the agro.

Soundengineer, if you are still reading this thread, I am sure the welcome mat would be put out by others if it were a general 'how do I?' type discussion, we welcome anyone to use this forum, including those that use competing products, after-all, 90% of LS1 tuners started off with LS1Edit. We are not that self obsessed or so insecure that we don't even allow competing productions names to be mentioned around here!, as Jello Biafra once said -

"Getting those who tell it like it is won't make the problems go away"

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
February 12th, 2006, 05:07 PM
its a good market to go after..and I want a piece of teh money from it

Anyone that thinks all ricers are just annoying buzz boxes is ignorant, Nissan makes some of the best motors period! Turbo cars under 3L can make 600+HP, BUT, majority are just N/A 2L engines with fart cannon exhaust that probably pull a 17sec 1/4mile......that is a ricer, a ricer is not a 600+HP Supra.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
February 12th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Anyone that thinks all ricers are just annoying buzz boxes is ignorant, Nissan makes some of the best motors period! Turbo cars under 3L can make 600+HP, BUT, majority are just N/A 2L engines with fart cannon exhaust that probably pull a 17sec 1/4mile......that is a ricer, a ricer is not a 600+HP Supra.

Cheers,
Ross
I was at the track last year and there were two, stock looking black supra's there. Really pretty cars, no big wings, just a nice set of rims and a tripple gauge pod. First one went down the track (both on nittos) and I thought I was seeing things. Car spins most of the way down the track to a impressive, 10.X @ 140+. The second one makes a pass a little later and is in the same area, 10.x @ 135+. That right there gave me a new outlook on "ricers". I'd park one next to the LS1 in the garage anyday.

soundengineer
February 12th, 2006, 06:14 PM
thank you ross and chad....
its nice to see that not everybody is an asshole when sombody who owns a competitors product shows up...

I just talked on the phone with chad..it was a nice conversation....
him and I see a lot of th esame things...adn both of us agree that there is definately somw political BS going on evrywhere....

thanks for your help guys....

I'm sure I will have more questions to ask in the future.

Black02SS
February 12th, 2006, 06:16 PM
thank you ross and chad....
its nice to see that not everybody is an asshole when sombody who owns a competitors product shows up...

I just talked on the phone with chad..it was a nice conversation....
him and I see a lot of th esame things...adn both of us agree that there is definately somw political BS going on evrywhere....

thanks for your help guys....

I'm sure I will have more questions to ask in the future. Same to you Scott. I am trying to work on a possible solution to all of the BS that has been hapening. I want more then anything for all of us to be able to post in the same threads and them not get locked, time will tell if it happens or not.

GMPX
February 12th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I am trying to work on a possible solution to all of the BS that has been hapening. I want more then anything for all of us to be able to post in the same threads and them not get locked, time will tell if it happens or not.

Chad, you know and almost every other sane person knows as long as the admin / moderation of that section over at LS1Tech continues to exist the way it does now you will only banging your head on a wall.
The fact that the moderator of that section (who is not supposed to be biased) can post a reply saying there will be no competition in the PCM tuning market when HPT is done is the best example I have even seen of a total moron who does not understand that LS1Tech is in fact a business and he has insulted beyond belief a customer.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
February 12th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Chad, you know and almost every other sane person knows as long as the admin / moderation of that section over at LS1Tech continues to exist the way it does now you will only banging your head on a wall.
The fact that the moderator of that section (who is not supposed to be biased) can post a replying saying there will be no competition in the PCM tuning market when HPT is done is the best example I have even seen of a total moron who does not understand that LS1Tech is in fact a business and he has insulted beyond belief a customer.

Cheers,
Ross I know Ross. I am just trying to find a way that everyone can express their views on products they have owned. Its just really hard when, like you said the PCM mod is a BETA tester for HPT, Moderator on HPT's site, and Moderator of LS1Tech. Tech has more moderators that are dual mods on HPT then I have ever know. What really gets me is this, when I used to be a mod on LS2, one of our moderators was giving the opportunity to be a mod on Tech, but Tech said that person had to give up their status on LS2 due to conflict of interest. I guess that only applies to certain people...

For those of you that aren't aware of it.
Horist - Moderator/Beta tester for HPT and Moderator on LS1Tech
PSJ - Part owner of LS1Tech
Magnus - HPT affiliate (Part Owner?)

Now what do all three of these guys have in common? They are friends outside of the forums as they all live in the chicago area. Pretty hard IMO to moderate a site and keep it to Business when two of the factors have a "interest" in the product and the person designing it. Kind of hard to be a tech site when they only want posted what looks good for HPT.

The question I have asked several times and not one person has stepped up to answer it. Show me one person that has traded in EFILive or sold it for HPT.

Black02SS
February 12th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I know this isn't part of the topic, but I wanted to bring this up. Listed is EVERY thread on tech that I have been a part of that has been locked. I have went through them and re-read them all. You will notice a pattern to the threads. Once any member or user of EFILive expresses their opinion, Magnus or Super Sport X2 get all upset and the threads turn into crap. Now, 90% of these threads were locked by one person, Horist.... What does that tell you? Make a hardcore EFILive user a PCM Mod at LS1Tech. That will really make things even if you ask me.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452834

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452488

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452386

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416980

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415307

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407363

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281027

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=400477

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398895

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399339

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395401

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373500

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372565

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355843

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344615

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332727

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336235

GMPX
February 12th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Now, 90% of these threads were locked by one person, Horist.... What does that tell you?

It tells me that he's phone must run hot somedays!.

Cheers,
Ross

bink
February 12th, 2006, 11:49 PM
What does that tell you?
Money.:wink:

:cheers:
joel

emarkay
February 13th, 2006, 04:09 AM
.... as Jello Biafra once said -

"Getting those who tell it like it is won't make the problems go away"

Ross a DK fan? I never would have guessed it!

And yea, I know that there are some well done 'imports' that can pull some serious G's, that's cool by me, and I don't consider those "rice".

joecar
February 13th, 2006, 06:06 AM
I know that there are some well done 'imports' that can pull some serious G's, that's cool by me, and I don't consider those "rice".
There are a few import owners that are knowledgeable and actually do their own car work;
striking up a conversation with these people you see that they love cars just as much as you do;
but these people are not the average bling-bling ricer, they know something and are handy with tools.

(My favourite import has been the Nissan Skyline GTR, I think it does mid 12's in stock trim.)

joecar
February 13th, 2006, 11:42 AM
And I do run into ricers and their bling-mobiles alot here in So. Cal....
Some of the worst I heard...

"So dude, how's your V6..."
"Your car's front wheel drive, right..."
"Pontiac, what's that, I never heard of that, must be imported..."
"Honda is the best car you could ever buy..."
"Honda is the fastest car you could ever modify..."
"Yeah, but your V8 is a small block, so it doesn't put out as much power..."

It makes me laugh and cry at the same time. :bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl:

joecar
February 13th, 2006, 11:47 AM
On the upside, the best I heard was a neighbour 5 year old kid "Hey, the Batmobile...". :rockon:

Black02SS
February 13th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Sorry guys, just another observation I have made. Ever notice how you don't see Magnus or supersport in many other threads EXCEPT the ones that we reply in? I have been reading a post on tech that has HPT users asking question and question again to not get a reply back from them.. Thats the type of customer service I want. :rolleyes:

PS - I like my town, 4 Chrysler Plants and 1 Delphi plant. Know what that means....no ricers.. ;)

GMPX
February 13th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Ross a DK fan? I never would have guessed it!

I am a product of the alternative 80's MRK.