PDA

View Full Version : table questions

DieselMafialb7
May 19th, 2012, 03:29 PM
just curious on the 5.9 what exactly does the estimated airflow tables do and what are they controling....

also fuel limiter boost table

just want to understand somethings clearer

Thanks guys

FUBAR
May 20th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Airflow tables.....nothing.

Fuel Boost Limiter table.....everything....ok ok. Maybe it's not that great to some, but for me it is. It is a table that will flow fuel corresponding to boost levels. But remember, 14-15 psi on the log and in the table is 0 psi BOOST. For example, if I live at sea level, BARO is probably gonna be 15 psi. So in the log if I am seeing 20 psi MAP, it's really 5 psi BOOST. So keep that in mind when setting up that Fuel Boost limiter table.

DieselMafialb7
May 20th, 2012, 12:38 AM
So if the aurflow do nothing why modify them? They control or let something reference do they not. And ya iknow the sensor is just reading map pressure so

FUBAR
May 20th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I have set the airflow tables (Limit table, Base table, and adjust 1-4 tables) to the min and max settings and there was no difference in the way the engine responded.

DieselMafialb7
May 20th, 2012, 02:32 AM
So basically there unneeded tables thay have no purpose that doesn't make sense i figured they had something to do with boost guess ill just leave them be see how it affects the trucks

Now what about the other limiters that are with the boost limiter

FUBAR
May 20th, 2012, 06:03 AM
That's all up to you. As for me, I have all the Density and BARO tables maxed out.

DieselMafialb7
May 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Hmm ok ill try that out on the Equivalence Ratio limit table i just set the lower corner to 3 left most the rest alone except a little smoothing to come up to 3 is this how you guys have been tweaking this table as well