PDA

View Full Version : Auto to manual (tune)

K3vin
May 20th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Total newb so forgive me if this is all wrong.

I'm looking to flash a 5.3 Vortec Gen3, with harness modified for 'standalone' operation, changing it from auto (4L60E) to manual.

Can anyone help me out with a manual version of this, with vats, smog etc already removed?

Taz
May 20th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Post your tune ... difficult to offer suggestions without knowing what OS / PCM you are using.

Regards,
Taz

K3vin
May 20th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Post your tune ... difficult to offer suggestions without knowing what OS / PCM you are using.

Regards,
Taz

Thanks for the reply.

It was suggested to me by the guys I bought the V2 from that I just obtain a manual version (GM made 4.8 and 5.3 Silverado with manual trans) and reflash using that tune, ignoring my original tune all together.

btw~ sorry if this is posted in the wrong area admin.

Taz
May 20th, 2012, 01:13 AM
OK ... do you have a 512 Kb LS1-B PCM or a 1 Mb LS1-B PCM ? Are you using a DBC or DBW setup ? Does your wiring harness have Blue / Red PCM connectors, or Blue / Green PCM connectors.

Again, difficult to assist without more information.

For reference tunes - check out the www.tunefiledepot.com (http://www.tunefiledepot.com)

Regards,
Taz

K3vin
May 20th, 2012, 01:26 AM
It's a 512 kb, red and blue, DBC, from an 01 Silverado 5.3 Vortec motor.

Taz
May 20th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Go to the website link in post #4 - download 2002 tunes using OS 12212156 - for both a 5.3 L truck and a Camaro equipped with a manual transmission.

Use EFILive software to swap the transmission segments (Cal & Diagnostic) from the Camaro tune into the truck tune - this would become your base tune.

Regards,
Taz

K3vin
May 20th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Okay, looks like my only option at this point. Thanks again for your advice :-)

ScarabEpic22
May 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Its a much better and easier option than trying to patch an auto file to ignore the fact that there's no auto trans anymore. Just save your stock file and use one of the ones Taz posted above.

K3vin
May 20th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Its a much better and easier option than trying to patch an auto file to ignore the fact that there's no auto trans anymore. Just save your stock file and use one of the ones Taz posted above.

Sorry if this sounds dim, but can I just load the Camaro Man tune onto the 5.3 LM7 ecm and run it on the engine?

slows10
May 20th, 2012, 09:43 AM
You can try finding a 01-02 4.8 silverado manual tune, as I think there were no 5.3 engines in any trucks that came with a manual trans.

K3vin
May 20th, 2012, 09:52 AM
That's exactly what I'm looking for actually, I understand they are identical. May see if I can buy a 4.8 manual ecm and get it that way~ was hoping someone might have it already, but I guess not.

Taz
May 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Sorry if this sounds dim, but can I just load the Camaro Man tune onto the 5.3 LM7 ecm and run it on the engine?

Yes you could. You would need to repin the PCM connectors in your harness to match the Camaro PCM pinouts. The MAF and VE would need to be corrected for the 5.3 L. The Camaro uses a returnless fuel rail, if the 5.3 L is a 1999 - 2003 it would have came with a return style fuel rail - this could also be adjusted.

Can pretty much do anything you want ... just takes time and money.

Regards,
Taz

ScarabEpic22
May 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM
If your harness is setup for a truck tune, then leave it be and run a truck OS. I wouldnt buy another PCM just to get the tune from it, better off seeing if someone can post the tune for you or if you could pay someone a few bucks for it.

And dang it! My buddy has an 01 Silvy with the 4.8L and a manual, but I havent read the tune from it! Ill text him tomorrow and figure out where he is, could be Spokane and I could get it this weekend or he could be back home in Alaska. It should be pretty easy to take a 4.8L manual tune, change the VE and volumetric settings to mirror the 5.3 and be done with it. Does anyone else have one of those tunes, should be pretty straightforward to adjust it for the 5.3.

K3vin
May 20th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I'm happy to pay for that tune.

I'm selling the engines here in the UK with the harnesses modified to standalone (3 wire hook-up), and nobody wants auto, as you'd expect here in the UK. Pretty much everything is LM7 5.3 FBC, and I'm doing about 6 a month so that tune will be seeing some use.

Whilst I modify the harnesses myself and I have a Flashscan to remove vats etc etc, I have no interest in tuning beyond reflashing these ecms for the standalone use.

Madspeed
January 14th, 2014, 01:48 PM
So what happened in the end? I need the exact same tune setup for a rock crawler. its funny that its the same OS too.

hog
January 15th, 2014, 02:07 AM
So what happened in the end? I need the exact same tune setup for a rock crawler. its funny that its the same OS too.

Get ahold of Taz. He has what you desire. Perhaps a Private Message?

peace
Hog

hog
November 22nd, 2016, 06:10 AM
OK ... do you have a 512 Kb LS1-B PCM or a 1 Mb LS1-B PCM ? Are you using a DBC or DBW setup ? Does your wiring harness have Blue / Red PCM connectors, or Blue / Green PCM connectors.

Again, difficult to assist without more information.

For reference tunes - check out the www.tunefiledepot.com (http://www.tunefiledepot.com)

Regards,
Taz
That website is NO MORE. EFILive is cutting back.

peace
Hog

cindy@efilive
November 22nd, 2016, 08:15 AM
That website is NO MORE. EFILive is cutting back.

peace
Hog

You're referencing a 4 year old post. EFILive never owned or managed tune file depot, but the owner has taken it down.

You'll find links to other resources using the search feature.

Cheers
Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joecar
November 22nd, 2016, 08:58 AM
The resources from the original site (which was owned by a third party) have been moved to another site (which is owned by a fourth party), see here:

Tunefiledepot-has-been-replaced (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?26662-Tunefiledepot-has-been-replaced)