PDA

View Full Version : Where to get tunes?

thehdman
May 21st, 2012, 01:32 AM
I recently bought an Auto-Cal from a reseller for the purpose of getting emailed tunes to match bolt on performance items for my 97 Vette. I had some initial problems with the unit that the person I bought it from did not help me with but someone here did. Now they are not answering my phone calls or emails to get the tunes I paid for. Went back to the credit card provider and now we are doing that dance. That being said is there a reputable dealer/tuner that can step in and sell me the tune(s) I am looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

Boost
May 21st, 2012, 02:56 AM
There are many here, a bolt on LS1 / LS6 is not that big of a deal, what is your location (not that it matters much for Autocal / e-mail tunes) I am sure some reputable shop or tuner can help you out. If anything I can PM you some that I know are decent and I personally have no association with. Good luck!

thehdman
May 21st, 2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the reply, I am just looking for an honest tuner who knows what they are doing and backs up what they say. I am in Iowa but as you mention that really doesn't make a difference. If you can offer me what I am looking for please let me know.
Thanks

cindy@efilive
May 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Once an AutoCal device is 'MARRIED' to a FlashScan device, that is the only device that is able to provide tunes.

It's important to understand what your tuner has actually done to your AutoCal to determine if infact your AutoCal has been married.

AutoCal isn't a device to allow you to pick tunes to run from multiple vendors, it's a device that allows professional tuners to deliver their services to an end user, and many professional tuners rebrand the device as their own. Effectively you have purchased the Custom Tuner your professional tuner sells.

Cheers
Cindy

minytrker
May 21st, 2012, 05:10 PM
If your autocal is married to your tuner then there isnt anything another tuner can do. I doubt someone mailed out an autocal without marring it to there V2. I can defiantly help you through email BUT most likely it would require you to buy a new autocal from me. I know thats not what you wanted to hear. You can contact me through
http://www.lsxpowertuning.com

Boost
May 21st, 2012, 10:40 PM
There you go :)

thehdman
May 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
I appreciate you all educating me on this equipment. Hopefully my bank can get my money back or credit my account. If that happens and if there is someone here that can provide the equipment and stand behind it I would be happy to deal with you. When the credit card company fixes things I will let everyone know and we can go from there. Again thanks everyone for your help it is greatly appreciated.

minytrker
May 22nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
Sorry for the bad situation. Don't let one bad apple ruin it for you. The autocal is a great tool and 99.99% of the people on here are great and stand behind there work. Like I said before I'll be glad to take care of you when ever your ready. I have been around a long time and dont plan on going anywhere anytime soon. If you want more options go to http://www.efilive.com and look under resellers.
Good luck, hopefully your next experience is a much better transaction.

thehdman
May 23rd, 2012, 01:39 AM
When I get this straightened out will contact you as I still want to do this.

97singlecab
May 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
is there any way to reset an autocal to unmarry it?

Gregs
May 26th, 2012, 01:24 PM
is there any way to reset an autocal to unmarry it?

Sorry about your bad luck, I don't think you can unmarry them. Its nice to meet someone else from Iowa! I'm here in Ames. If you're local I could help you out if you just need something simple done as ls1A is an open stream.

-Greg