PDA

View Full Version : More problems. different car. can't even pull tune out of it.

rpmspeed
May 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Used car dealer got a car in for trade and has a cam and runs like crap so gave to us to tune it. problem is...can't get into the pcm. I can't even pull the tune out of it.
I went to the key to unlock the pcm and it says PCM is secured with a custom key (locked). Tried having it generate a key and still nothing keeps getting rejected.
I Just updated all my software to the latest firmware and still nothing. The dealer said all the car has is a cam and a throttle body. other than that they know nothing about it or if its had a tune before. All I know is I can't pull anything out of it or put anything back in it. Always get rejected. All my software is updated now as well.
Any ideas? I went to the helpdesk and couldn't find any information to help. Last car I finally got but I could pull the tune out of that one untill I had to completely reflash the pcm. This one I can't do anything besides check status. Thanks for reading and hope to hear from ya'll. I'm lost.

Clinton Brooks
RPMspeed.com

joecar
May 21st, 2012, 01:50 PM
The previous tuner locked it, so now it can't be read.

edit: nor can it be written.

rpmspeed
May 21st, 2012, 01:54 PM
I was thinking id be out of luck. Dealer has no history on it neither does the owner that traded it in. Lol. So guess ill tell him its a no go unless get a new pcm for it.

rpmspeed
May 21st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Think a gm reflash would do it? I'm a gm tech full time and can reflash it through sps programming

GMPX
May 21st, 2012, 04:54 PM
No, SPS can't flash a locked PCM either.

BLK02WS6
May 21st, 2012, 10:18 PM
There are a few people out there you can send it to and they can unlock it - but, in my opinion, its not worth it - just replace the PCM and start over on the tune...