PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder Volume Data vs. Reality?

Mikz86ta
May 22nd, 2012, 07:33 AM
I was searching around for some tuning info, getting some facts on my EFILive and came across a cylinder volume parameters (B0104) tht the PCM Tuning. The stock PCM reads Cyl Volume as 713cc.
I did a calculation using an online AJDesigner calculator. Bore/Stroke is 4.00/3.48. According to it, the volume comes out to 716.62cc

So what gives? Why did GM post a smaller volume number than actual or r they taking another factor in consideration?
Even if you say head chamber displacement with valves shut, it would be more as well.

Any input?

slows10
May 22nd, 2012, 10:07 AM
guess it depends alot on the formula used and the actual cubic inch of the engine. 4.3 v6 is more like 261 cubic inch which works out to 712.8 cc's which is what the efilive conversion tool comes up with.= close enough for us. Shouldnt be much to worry about.Post the formula you used. 3cc's divided by 6 cylinders = almost nothing.

Mikz86ta
May 22nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_engine_displacement/engine_displacement.php

I have used some of their calculators before.
Once u enter Cyl (6), Bore 4.00 and Stroke 3.48, it will give u the displacement. The second tab down is single cylinder volume and will give you the number tht I posted above.