PDA

View Full Version : How does the resistance of an injector

Dirk Diggler
February 12th, 2006, 12:44 PM
affect the injector offset table. The stock 26's are 12.0 ohms, 28's are 12.6 ohms and my Racetronix 32's are 16.9 ohms. So from 12 ohms to 16.9 ohms there is a 41% difference in resistance. So should I add 41% to the offset table or should I subtract 41%. I think this may be the clue to working with larger injectors ie (Motron 60's) and especially help with large injectors at idle.

Black02SS
February 12th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Leave it alone is what I would do. BUT if you find a solution to the problem, I am always here to lend a helping hand to a fellow EFILive user.
:cheers:

oztracktuning
February 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I read that SVO 30s are 14.5 ohms. So i am also interested in the answer to this.

hpcubed
February 13th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Good question. I'm all ears.

GMPX
February 13th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I am going out on a limb here and saying it probably does not matter.
The critical thing is not to go too low with the injector impedance.
Afterall, all the PCM is doing is turning on a transistor that switches a ground signal to the injector to turn it on. The impedance of the injector won't affect the time the transistor is turned on.

BTW, just for laughs, I ran a 2 Ohm injector on my bench PCM....it actually ran all night and the injector driver did not get hot....mind you, there was no fuel pressure involved.
NOTE: Not recommended in the real world, low impedance injectors need specific drive signals.

Cheers,
Ross