PDA

View Full Version : p0068 on n/a 6.0

southern
May 25th, 2012, 03:36 AM
So trying to finish up some tuning and had a few wot runs and what do you know just getting good into a pull and reduce engine power flashes on the dash with code p0068. So my question what would cause this code on a n/a motor? From what I have looked up this normally happens with boost. Tune is still setup for be tuning.

BLK02WS6
May 25th, 2012, 04:12 AM
P0068 can be caused by a vacuum leak...

BLK02WS6
May 25th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Can you post up the log from the pull and your tune?

southern
May 25th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I will post one as swing as I get home tonight. Does a vac leak sound like it? Only happens at wot and just started

BLK02WS6
May 25th, 2012, 10:13 AM
If it is at WOT, then probably not... we will take a look at the tune and log and try to help you...

BLK02WS6
May 25th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Here is a description and some things to check:

DTC P0068
Circuit Description
The powertrain control module (PCM) uses the throttle position (TP), barometric pressure (BARO), intake air temperature (IAT), and engine RPM in order to calculate the predicted mass airflow rate. The PCM compares the predicted mass air flow (MAF) value to the actual mass airflow value and the speed density calculation in order to verify the proper throttle operation. If the PCM detects that the difference between the actual air flow (MAF) and the speed density calculated air flow is greater than expected, DTC P0068 sets.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The PCM detects that the difference between the actual airflow (MAF) and the speed density calculated airflow is greater than expected.
The above condition is met for less than 1 second.

Diagnostic Aids
Inspect the throttle blade for being broken, bent, or missing.
Inspect the TP sensor for proper installation. A sensor that is mis-aligned could set this DTC.
Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. When water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs could be set with no DTC circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.
Physically and visually inspect the throttle body assembly, and correct any problems that you observe. Manually move the throttle blade from closed to wide open throttle (WOT). You should not need to use excessive force. The throttle blade should move smoothly through the full range and should return to a slightly open position on its own.
When the TAC module detects a condition within the TAC system, more than 1 TAC system related DTC may set. This is due to the many redundant tests that run continuously on this system. Locating and repairing 1 individual condition may correct more than 1 DTC. Disconnecting components during testing may set additional DTCs. Keep this in mind when reviewing the stored information, Capture info.
For an intermittent condition, refer to Intermittent Conditions .

Maybe something isn't plugged in?

Inspect the throttle body for the following conditions:

A loose or damaged throttle position (TP) sensor
A loose or damaged throttle blade
A cracked or bent throttle shaft
Drive mechanism damage

southern
May 25th, 2012, 11:39 AM
ok here is the tune and 2 logs

BLK02WS6
May 25th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I've never seen it throw P0068, usually P1514, but C6101 and C6102 in your tune are stock values. Here is a tune with them raised. I normally raise them in any ETC vehicle - even if it is only a cam - maybe that is why I've never seen it throw P0068 (or 1514 for that matter)... Your log shows you were over the stock limits on that pull... worth a try before you go chasing other things...

southern
May 25th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I will dang sure load it and try it out in the morning and let you know. thanks for that fast responses. it would have taken me a while to think of that table.

southern
May 26th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Well so far so good had a wot this morning and never threw a code so hopefully that fixed it. Thanks again

BLK02WS6
May 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Glad I could help you out! Let me know if it comes back and we will look at more possibilities...