PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading...what to do with old hardware...?

JxxxOxxxE
February 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Ok, so I am upgrading from EFI Live 6.0 to Flashscan. I am under the impression that Flashscan comes with all new hardware, so what do I do with my old stuff?

Blacky
February 7th, 2005, 10:07 PM
After upgrading to V7, the AutoTap hardware remains your property to do with as you please.

We tried to set up the upgrade process to be 100% fair and reasonable to all our customers. We did not want to disadvantage anyone with conditions such as returning your interface cable to us. Apart from collecting a mountain of interfaces that we don't want or need, it would only serve to disadvantage our customers.

As part of the upgrade, your existing EFILive V5 or EFILive V6 license has been (or will be) transferred to your new FlashScan hardware.
The old V5 or V6 license becomes "defunct" and is no longer recognised nor supported by EFILive.

We don't want to stop you from using your old interface as a second/spare scan tool. In fact we encourage it, and will even upgrade your V5 or V6 Pro license to a V7 Scan Tool only license (free), so that you can continue to use your AutoTap interface with the all new V7 Scan Tool software.
Apply here for your free upgrade: http://www.efilive.com/upgrade.html

The only thing that you are restricted from doing is using the defunct license details for more than one FlashScan upgrade. EFILive keeps a record of all upgrades and will not upgrade the same serial number more than once.

If you sell your AutoTap interface, you must not sell the defunct EFILive V5 or V6 license to the purchaser*. That is against EFILive's terms and conditions. The purchaser will not be able to obtain support nor any future upgrades from EFILive based on that defunct license.

*If you want to "loan" the interface cable and license details to your friend or family member, that is ok - but please make them aware that the license is not supported by EFILive.
Selling your cable as a "fully licensed" version of EFILive is not ok, that is fraud.

Regards
Paul Blackmore

JxxxOxxxE
February 7th, 2005, 10:53 PM
ok, that answered my question very well, but made me think of another...

Since I probably wont be using the cable, I will loan/give it to my brother to use, he has a 97' LT1 TA, will V7 work on that? Thanks...

Blacky
February 7th, 2005, 11:59 PM
ok, that answered my question very well, but made me think of another...

Since I probably wont be using the cable, I will loan/give it to my brother to use, he has a 97' LT1 TA, will V7 work on that? Thanks...

Only generic PIDs are guaranteed to scan correctly. Generic PIDs are prefixed with SAE. Some GM enhanced PIDs *may* work if they happen to be the same as LS1 PIDs.

All the emissions tests results, on the [OBDII (F7)] tab page should work.

None of the PIDS ending with _DMA will work. They are specifically coded to exact memory addresses for each different LS1 operating system supported by EFILive. We have not configured them for LT1.

None of the commands on the LS1/LS6 menu will work correctly on the LT1.

Most of the bidi controls will not work either - although some may be the same. I have used EFILive on a V6 Olds and some bidi commands worked.

To properly support the LT1 with enhanced PIDs, you could use the AutoTap software - I'm fairly sure B&B give a discount when buying the AutoTap software if you already have a cable from EFILive.

Regards
Paul