PDA

View Full Version : Firmware/bootblock update problem

jeremybaumgardner
May 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Im still trying to learn efilive and tried to update my v2 flashscan with the newest update. I havent updated it since i bought it almost two years ago and just did the most recent update and now it will not flash my truck. Should i have updated starting with the oldest update moving forward to the most recent? Not sure what exactly i did wrong so if anybody can give me some guidence it would be much appreciated

Thanks

joecar
May 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Did you program the BBx files...?

jeremybaumgardner
May 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
No i havent....can you expand on that? what do i need to do?

joecar
May 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Start the V8 S&T software, click on BBx, click on Tune, create/edit an ECM entry for your ECM, delete any that do not pertain to you;

if you're going to do BBL, click on Scan and create/edit pidlists for your ECM;

click Save;

click Program All (found by clicking the down arrow next to the Program button).

jeremybaumgardner
May 28th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Ok i tried that and it helped but about 30 seconds into a full flash it comes up invalid serial number. what should i do next?

Thanks again for all your help joecar

joecar
May 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Blacky
May 28th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Ok i tried that and it helped but about 30 seconds into a full flash it comes up invalid serial number. what should i do next?

Thanks again for all your help joecar

If the controller is an LS1 or LB7 or similarly aged controller the serial number in the controller may have been erased by a previous dealer re-flash.

If that happens, the EFILive V7 software must be used to full-flash the controller.

During a full-flash, the EFILive V7 software will restore an erased serial number. Once the full flash is complete and the serial number is restored, you can then use the V8 pass-thru software or the standalone BBF (Black Box Flashing) to flash your controller.

Regards
Paul