PDA

View Full Version : another boost question

30 RUM
May 26th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I have a quick one for you guys, I just started tuning my buddies 6.7 and what is the best way to get more boost out of the stock charger. I have already changed B1253 out to 54 psi. I'm sure it is in the Turbo Control tables but I wanted some input before change them. By the way that 54 psi is after the Barometric pressure is taken out right? This is just for sled pulling and he wants to push the factory charger for now, we are only getting 35 psi out of it know, and it has plenty of fuel up top to clean up. The truck has stock injectors and pump with a built 68 with a trans controller.

Thanks for your input

dansdieselp
May 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Don't expect big boost numbers from a stock charger. Also plug in a mechanical boost gauge. The scan tool can only see what the map sensor can read. Once you max out the sensor it's only a guess on what the real boost is. Your boost controls are in your max and min vane position tables. Adjust carefully.

30 RUM
May 26th, 2012, 04:55 PM
That is what I was thinking, in regrades of the Min and Max tables. I was thinking the higher the percentage the smaller the housing, which leading to more impeller speed and boost but with greater drive pressure. He did put head studs on it as well. What is your recommended upper limit on psi on the charger. I know more boost = more heat in the intake do to being out of the efficiency range of the turbo.

Thanks again

LReiff
June 1st, 2012, 07:26 AM
I'm sure the turbo manufacture would be the best place to find specs and limits. 1-1 PR is ideal.