PDA

View Full Version : Sneak peek, is V8 getting closer

limited cv8r
May 30th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Found this,does this mean V8 is getting closer to being functional/released?

Blacky
May 30th, 2012, 04:28 PM
LOL

I accidentally left that in build 206, I wondered if anyone would notice :) It is quite a bit further advanced than that now.
I'm currently working on the file conversion so that V8 can load V7 *.efi log files and convert/save them as V8 *.pld (PID Logged Data) files.
Soon it will be usable.

Just for comparison, loading and displaying a 60,000 frame log file into V7 takes about 20-30 seconds. And it takes almost that long to redisplay the data after any zoom changes and/or selections are made. The V8 scan tool loads 60,000 frame log file in about 1 second and changes zoom/selections instantaneously. It is so much nicer/easier to use.

Hopefully a working version will be ready for beta testing in a few weeks.

The triangles indicate the min/max of the selection.
The small numbers in each scale are, in order: max, mean, min, std deviation and inspector value.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
May 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I saw it too, I have a tendency to go through and click as many things as I can in V8 whenever a new build is available. Call them easter eggs if you want!

The HPT guys have been getting worked up over their scanner changes for a long time too, I still dont think its in public beta yet...plus from what Ive seen so far in V8, it looks great to use as well. Cant speak for HPT, no experience with their stuff.

Im glad you've got the logs opening/displaying faster Paul, its getting frustrating with the new ECMs that can log data so much faster to look through logs when they are always replotting. If you need a beta tester... :D

GMPX
May 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Call them easter eggs if you want!
I've got a great idea for one of those, but I don't want to distract Paul with such silliness.

ScarabEpic22
May 30th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I've got a great idea for one of those, but I don't want to distract Paul with such silliness.

A pop up that only occurs when you're flashing a controller that cant be interrupted in the first 10 seconds at the 9 second mark saying its failed and your engine computer is toast?! It'd be funny for everyone else, except the first person it happened to! (Of course the flash would continue in the background just fine, and not let the user cancel it...)

Tre-Cool
May 31st, 2012, 04:27 AM
Hey you had any chance to play around with 7.5 or 8 with a touch screen yet?

I use a samsung slate for my car stuff and efilive tuner does not like to work nicely, when trying to select multiple cells with my finger. (fine with my digitiser)

Blacky
May 31st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Hey you had any chance to play around with 7.5 or 8 with a touch screen yet?

I use a samsung slate for my car stuff and efilive tuner does not like to work nicely, when trying to select multiple cells with my finger. (fine with my digitiser)

Desktop applications will never be good in touch mode, they are just not designed to take advantage of a touch and gesture interface.
Making the tune editor work in a touch environment is not something that is high on EFIlive's priority list, yet.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
May 31st, 2012, 10:09 AM
Is it me or does everything in V8 look better, like its in high definition almost. I just got new laptops so that could be it but I swear V8 looks better than it did when it first came out.