PDA

View Full Version : Issues with engine stalling during low speed maneuvering

Wasted Income
May 30th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I'm having some problems with the engine surging at idle, and sometimes dying during slow speed maneuvering...such as around a parking lot. Seems worse in reverse (maybe it's in my head) but it will become a bit unstable, and usually the engine will die if the steering wheel is on the lock, loading the PS pump. Seems to be only if I tap the gas kinda quick.

Car details:
Engine is swapped into a hot rod, DBC LQ4 with LS6 intake, LS6 injectors, stock TB, 228/230 .571/.573 112LSA cam, LT headers, 4L80E with a 3400 stall, and running OLSD with COS5.

Can someone please look at the attached log and tune and see if there is anything i could change to help fix that. It idles perfectly otherwise, and drive great around town...

BLK02WS6
May 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I can't look at tunes here at work - I'll look at it tonight and try to help you out if noone else does in the mean time...

BLK02WS6
May 31st, 2012, 11:38 AM
The attached tune has a couple tables changed - compare to your original tune to see which ones... These tables are used to fix the problem you describe - takes some trial and error as far as how much change is needed...

Wasted Income
May 31st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Thank you so much for looking at my tune to make suggestions. It was a "DUH" moment for me...should have looked at those but I guess I wasn't sure how much to tweak it.

Will give it a try and report back :)

Thanks

BLK02WS6
May 31st, 2012, 10:46 PM
No problem - glad I could help! With some of the idle air tables, it is trial and error - make small changes till you get the results you want... Let us know how it goes...

Wasted Income
June 1st, 2012, 02:51 AM
No problem - glad I could help! With some of the idle air tables, it is trial and error - make small changes till you get the results you want... Let us know how it goes...

Well I'm chasing a TPS issue now...suddenly it no longer reads 0% when the throttle is closed. Reads anywhere from 0.8%-2%, so it's adding throttle cracker airflow in at "idle". I'll get this nailed down first, then take a look at those other idle airflow tables.

Thanks

BLK02WS6
June 1st, 2012, 04:44 AM
Do a TPS reset...