PDA

View Full Version : Timing control functions

Redline Motorsports
February 13th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I have a few questions regarding the timing control that we have with tuning software. If for example I put all 25's in the entire base timing map (for both high and low octance), zero out the timing tables for {5910} spark ECT table and {5911} spark IAT table shouldn't I get 25 degrees of timing? Are there any other tables that will affect overall timing?

The other question; with some of the bi-directional controls can we control timing in real time for a short duration?? We have an eddy current load dyno and it would be real cool to be able to load the motor and play with timing on the spot.

Howard

GMPX
February 13th, 2006, 05:22 PM
There is more timing tables than those you listed....feel free to explore ;)

Also, depends on the year, earlier O.S's (2000 etc) had less than a 2006 vehicle. Torque reduction can cause weird numbers.
Also, don't forget about the spark DMA PID's.

Yes you can overide timing in the bi-directional control panel.
You can fix the timing at a given number or add/subtract timing from the final run spark value, good for doing what you want to do, just throw a few degrees at it without relfashing whilst on the dyno.

I know another method that will work great on the dyno, but I can't say too much yet :secret:

Cheers,
Ross

Redline Motorsports
February 14th, 2006, 02:55 AM
I know that TM can effect overall timing values while driving but what about when the car is on the dyno with the traction control off (C5)?

Where in FS can you do that with the timing??

Top secret! How much longer?? Its bad enough we have been waiting patiently for V2 this long! LOL!!!

johnsZ06
February 14th, 2006, 06:39 AM
I've noticed the same thing. I will play back a log file in the scan tool and try to follow the timing inside the tune tool (a neat feature BTW). I will sometimes lose up to 8 degrees of timing that I can't account for. I know things like IAT and engine temp will pull timing but more often than not, these tables are at "0". There must be something else behind the scenes that we can't see. :nixweiss:

joecar
February 14th, 2006, 07:59 AM
Log all the pids that begin with EST_

Redline Motorsports
February 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Good point. By logging all of those pids the culprit will show its head!

TAQuickness
February 15th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I know another method that will work great on the dyno, but I can't say too much yet :secret:

Cheers,
Ross

:damnit1: :jump:

hpcubed
February 15th, 2006, 04:20 PM
log the "run spark" pid to see what final spark is.

Dirk Diggler
February 15th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Also check table B5919 and make sure the values are high enough

Black02SS
February 15th, 2006, 06:37 PM
:damnit1: :jump:
:iamwithstupid:

But for some strange reason....I think I have an idea. Could be wrong.

Redline Motorsports
February 21st, 2006, 05:57 AM
There is more timing tables than those you listed....feel free to explore ;)

Also, depends on the year, earlier O.S's (2000 etc) had less than a 2006 vehicle. Torque reduction can cause weird numbers.
Also, don't forget about the spark DMA PID's.

Yes you can overide timing in the bi-directional control panel.
You can fix the timing at a given number or add/subtract timing from the final run spark value, good for doing what you want to do, just throw a few degrees at it without relfashing whilst on the dyno.

Cheers,
Ross

When is this coming off of top secret probation??

Dirk Diggler
February 21st, 2006, 06:07 AM
Also if you are doing SD tunes make sure you lower or 0 out the timing pull for burst knock. It doenst show as KR so you wont see it if you dont log for it