PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Idle problem 2006 TBSS

bstuder11
June 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
So for some reason my truck is stumbling and even dying when coming to a stop in gear or in neautral; Also if I gas and brake it back and fourth. Top it off, now i cant even watch the injector duty cycle now (says "its not supported" in my pid list):mad:. The bank one exhaust pipe going into the X pipe has a lot of black carbon around it, and it smells like its running very rich. I have done some things to keep it from dying just so I can drive it until I figure this out and it runs very smoothe just going down the road or any condition besides closed throttle, but I really wanna figure this out and im hoping someone else can see what im missing. It happened shortly after I did the E fan install from painless, although I dont believe this had anything to do with it because I have tried my tune, the painless tune, and the factory tune and they all give me the same result. If someone has some time to take a look at the tune and watch the data logg and let me know if ya see something Im not seeing I would appreciate it VERY much!

J.Abbott
June 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Maybe the problem is not in the cal. Let's start with what all has been done to the truck from the time it ran fine up until now.

bstuder11
June 13th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Follow up: found out there has been A LOT of problems with idle on these due to build up of carbon around the intake butterfly. A half can of gum out and cleaning and she runs like new again! :) I also unhooked the crankcase breather hose and replaced that with a filter on the valve cover so it won't be sucking those oily vapors anymore. The only thing I still haven't figured out is why I can't watch my injector duty cycle anymore but my dashboard is acting up to and just freezes when I open it so mabe my Efi live tool is just starting to mess up on me idk.