PDA

View Full Version : LBZ CVN history?

THEFERMANATOR
June 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Is it possible with EFILIVE to see teh CVN history stored in a LBZ ECM? I may be going to look at a truck for somebody and the owner says it has never been tuned before. I would liek to be able to check the CVN history in the ECM to at least check the last tune loaded in to see if it was a GM one or not.

GMPX
June 3rd, 2012, 10:01 PM
I'm pretty sure it's only the LMM that keeps a flash history.

THEFERMANATOR
June 4th, 2012, 04:01 AM
I thought the LBZ kept track of the last differrent CVN that was flashed in whereas the LMM keeps track of the last 10. Wish I had one here closer to check as I know the TCM also keeps a history that a TECH 2 can pull, but don't know if teh V2 can do it as well or not.

tokymon
June 4th, 2012, 04:26 AM
as far as i know the chevy dealer has told me that on an lbz if tuned and returned to stock they could not tell
i have done the service managers personal truck and he told me at the time i flashed it

GMPX
June 4th, 2012, 10:30 AM
The LBZ doesn't keep a CVN history, just the LMM. But as far as I know it doesn't have a flash counter as such, it just stores the CVN's and segment part number of ones that were different from stock.

THEFERMANATOR
June 4th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I know it was rumored that teh latest flash(2483) enabled CVN logging. Just didn't know if the V2 could check like a TECH 2 can if it is there.

Blacky
June 5th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Just added the display CVN history to FlashScan. Here's some screen shots of the results from an E38 and an E37.
I tried it an LBZ and it replied that the CVN history was not supported on the LBZ.

E38

E37

GMPX
June 6th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I guess this also answers the question Camaro/Corvette guys always ask, does the ECM keep track of tune changes......looks like it does indeed given the E38 reports numbers back.
But, the option to read the programming history is only on the LMM menu in the TechII, it's not there for any other controller (well, probably the LML too).

THEFERMANATOR
June 6th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I guess that answers that, thanks for looking into it for me though.