PDA

View Full Version : Scantool dvt not working on 02 lb7

poiex
June 5th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Hi i'm trying to adjust my railpressure with efi dvt but when i hit active button the car just shuts off, same happens when i try to adjust idle.
Is there step by step instructions how to do it?

GMPX
June 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM
We will check the configuration for the DVT's on the LB7, but I don't recall anyone having issues like this. The only thing I can think of is when the DVT is activated the value in the slider control is too low?

poiex
June 6th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Yes i think the values are too small the slider gives only 1 and below for the values and it doesnt work,
if i change the value manually to something suitable same thing happens engine shuts off.

GMPX
June 7th, 2012, 09:37 AM
We checked the configuration yesterday and it looks correct, it 'should' be working ok. This is the first time we've heard of the two controls you are trying to use not working, but, unfortunately we don't have an LB7 to physically test this on, so the only option at this point is if someone else with an LB7 can try as well to see if the problem occurs for them too.

hecatti
June 7th, 2012, 04:53 PM
hello!
I have an exact problem, if I try adjust rail press , if I use slider nothing happens, same thing with the idle speed

hecatti
June 27th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Hi!
any update on this problem? could this be keyboard related, i´m using European setup?

Blacky
June 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM
After trying to adjust the rail pressure using the DVT controls, stop the data logging/monitoring and save a trace file using the menu option: File->Generate error report.
Then send that file to me at paul@efilive.com
Please include a link to this thread so I know what it is for.

Regards
Paul

poiex
June 28th, 2012, 05:27 AM
After trying to adjust the rail pressure using the DVT controls, stop the data logging/monitoring and save a trace file using the menu option: File->Generate error report.
Then send that file to me at paul@efilive.com
Please include a link to this thread so I know what it is for.

Regards
Paul

Hello i send the error log file to you hope it helps to figuring out the problem, if it the log didn't come right please let me know i make new one.

WisconsinHick1
June 28th, 2012, 06:23 AM
If I get a chance this weekend I will test this on my LB7 to see if I have the same issue.

Blacky
June 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Did you activate the DVT controls and the fuel rail pressure as shown in the image?
Regards
Paul

poiex
June 29th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Yes i did activate both and tested every combination of those nothing works, and my slider only goes to 1,0 rpm and 1,0 mpa.
Is the problem again with the country setting like it was with scripting?
I'm also using european keyboard.

joecar
June 29th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Did you select Target Controller as E54 LB7 Duramax (as shown in the pic in post #10)...?

poiex
June 29th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Yes the controller selected was E54 LB7 Duramax ECM, everything else works if i try the switches tab for example i can turn my MIL lamp on and of so i guess i have the right controller selected.

My screen looks like this when the sliders are at MAX

Blacky
June 29th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Yes i did activate both and tested every combination of those nothing works, and my slider only goes to 1,0 rpm and 1,0 mpa.
Is the problem again with the country setting like it was with scripting?
I'm also using european keyboard.

Yes it is almost certainly a decimal point versus comma issue in floating point values. Try changing your locale settings to US and see if that fixes the problem.
I will do some testing here with a locale that uses a comma to separate decimal values to see if that is the actual problem.

Regards
Paul

poiex
June 29th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Ok thats the problem i changed in win7 region settings format to english (US) and the sliders shows the correct numbers, but when i change my format to Finnish (Finland) it only shows the 1,0 value, it would be nice to have this working in my native settings.

Blacky
June 30th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Ok thats the problem i changed in win7 region settings format to english (US) and the sliders shows the correct numbers, but when i change my format to Finnish (Finland) it only shows the 1,0 value, it would be nice to have this working in my native settings.
It will be fixed in the next update.
Regards
Paul

poiex
June 30th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks again for the great support.

hecatti
June 30th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Thank you Paul for awesome customer support!