PDA

View Full Version : turbo tune

vcls1
June 7th, 2012, 12:59 AM
hi guys just wondering if anyone has a turbo tune i could look at just to get an idea of what to do or if anyone has any pointers or something like that not looking to steal anyones hard work just wanting to have a look to make some comparisons and so on anything woukld be great cheers

BLK02WS6
June 7th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Are you looking for a Custom Operating System? 2 Bar? Have you read the Custom Operating System install tutorial?

gmperformancecentre
June 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM
to suit what pcm/ecm ?

andysc3
June 8th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I could use some help for a turbo tune. I have a 01 GMC Sierra C3. going to turbo in a few months. Going to run a COS3 SD tune.

vcls1
December 11th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Hey BLK02WS6 yeah i'll be running a custom O.S on a ls1B ecu i'm currently awaiting my turbo and wastegate and am also about to order an innovate lm-2 wideband setup but will be in need of the serial cable for it, this has been a long time coming hence the very delayed reply but i'm now getting serious and want to get this happening.
i have been currently running the car N/A which is a vc commodore with a freshened up ls1 in it, still has stock rods and pistons but new rings, balanced and weight matched rotating assembly, morel tie bar lifters, trend push rods, yella terra roller rockers, the heads have been serviced and had to be decked 30 thou the valves were back cut and they were ported and polished at the same time, i also put manley double valve springs in, it has new cam bearings, double row timing chain and a howards 232 234 @50 .587 .589 lift and a 113 lsa. so like i was saying was just hoping for any sort of help thanks.
James.

vcls1
December 11th, 2012, 02:01 AM
and yes 2 bar forgot to add that :) i read through your threads with the guy with the turbo'd 427 in the sierra and read that you said 2 bar makes it easier for tuning as in without the custom os and 2 bar map you can only command fuelling under boost based on rpm only and that the custom os has the ability to auto enrich under boost