PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Silverado 5.3ltr w/6L80 Need Help or pointers...

GAMEOVER
June 9th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I need some pointers or direction in modifing this 6L80E for nice clean firm shifts...I don't know why but I'm a little intimidated by these because of all the tables there are for adjusting! I've never modified one because I don't know where to begin...
Any help will be very appreciated...:D

GAMEOVER
June 9th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Ok, what part of the T43 calibration should I stay away from? TorqueManagement?

Taz
June 9th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Hello Gameover,

I take it this is a stock truck, where you or the owner simply want a more sporty shift feel ?

Give the following thread a read ... beginning at post #114.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?12079-6L80-TM-removal&p=165059&viewfull=1#post165059

It will become evident that a certain amount of trial and error will become part of the process. What may present as "perfect" shifts initially, can soften / flare after longer drive times / learn cycles.

I would recommend you initially stay away from changing the T43 parameters - try tuning just the Torque Model in the ECM - to see if this alone will provide the shift feel required. If so, this approach is not as effected by the TCM adapting / learning over time. The Torque Model approach can also be a quick and easy method - if it brings about enough change in the shift feel. A complete rework of the T43 calibration from scratch (no script / no copy & paste) can be a full days work.

Regards,
Taz

Taz
June 9th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I have only done a few of these ... generally use a Corvette calibration ... forgot trucks have TCC slip built into the tune.

So the only initial changes to the T43 calibration would be to zero out the TCC slip - similar to a Corvette.

Transmission Calibration>Torque Converter>Slip Test - all parameters in every subfolder are then set to "0".

Regards,
Taz

Redline Motorsports
June 10th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I agree with TAZ initially. You might want to focus on adjusting the shift schedule (shift points) as many times the A6 shifts too soon making the vehicle feel lazy. Also disable converter lock up in 1st thru 3rd gear to help the. Converter multiply some torque easier.

The torque model table should help the firmness.

Howard

GAMEOVER
June 10th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Thats exactly what I noticed on trucks with 6L80E/6L90E's is how lazy it is when it shifts...Some trucks shift into 3rd/4th before I get across an intersection...Im gonna try changing the torque model first. I just made a few changes in my 2008 and it help's out alot!!!

Thanks Taz & Howard...:D

Redline Motorsports
June 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
A big part of trans calibrating is perception. Extending the shifts to allow the engine to rev more into torque makes it feel more responsive.

slowhawk
July 16th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I will use the torque model last if the desired shifting is not met.

For a start I would do small changes like take 30% out of the shift times since the trucks are very long( .500 as the longest and .250 the shortest to keep flare out). Get rid of upshift TM to keep it from pulling 30 degree's of timing on the shift. Then raise shift pressure's 5-10%.

After that the big work is shift mph value's. Like the corvette the trucks shift way too early. This will take the longest to dial in.