PDA

View Full Version : Can I read Cummins?

pavetim
June 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I I do not upgrade my V2 yet can I still read stock tunes from Cummins or do I Have to upgrade to even read them?

AFTERMATH DIESEL
June 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM
You can read them. You'll be able to do everything but flash the vehicle as long as you have both V7.5 and V8 software downloaded.

pavetim
June 10th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Ok cool. Are cummins same as duramax where an OS has the same calibration for many trucks. Or does each truck use a different OS? Like If I make a tune for one truck (when i get into cummins), can I flash it to multiple trucks?

GMPX
June 10th, 2012, 08:26 PM
No you can't just flash any 'generic' tune, there is different ones based on the model, MegaCab, Auto, etc.

cindy@efilive
June 11th, 2012, 11:56 AM
To get you started, you should read the 2 Cummins documents included in the V8 software download.

Navigate through the start icon, Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents and look for the Dodge Cummins Quick Start Guide and The Cummins ECM reference notes documents. Those 2 documents will give you are really good understanding of how the Cummins ECM differs to what you are used to with the Duramax.

As for the interchanging of tunes, in your Tune File thread, the 2 links I gave you were to the summary pages for Cummins Tuning. Both of those links will give you a detailed description of what you need to match to ensure you select the correct file for the correct truck.

Cheers
Cindy