June 13th, 2012, 08:19 AM
looking for minimum system requirements to run scanner and data log
looking at a new netbook for more battery power

ssteve
June 15th, 2012, 07:53 AM
wondering the same myself

joecar
June 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Any mordern laptop should work ok... netbooks should be ok but try to opt for the faster Atom cpu and maximized memory.

tokymon
June 15th, 2012, 08:59 AM
ya that does help a little but i have seen another thread where they were having problems with some cpu's

joecar
June 15th, 2012, 09:08 AM
If you have FlashScan V2 then you would log via BBL, and then view the log on the netbook, this would remove the burden of logging from the netbook.

Let's see what others say...

GMPX
June 15th, 2012, 10:32 AM
My HP laptop recently failed so I am in the market for a new one myself. However as Joe said, these days with the V2 being able to standalone data log and flash tunes I don't even remember the last time I actually used my laptop on my car.
These days most come with 4Gb of memory which is plenty, any of the 'core' series processors should have enough processing power too. What makes a PC fast is a good hard disk or SSD, my old HP laptop had a 5400RPM hard disk which made it feel very slow, if you can afford the extra, get one with an SSD (Solid State Drive).

tokymon
June 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Ya I have been looking at solid state drives for less power comsumptun and also led screens
Would be nice to know what processors you have had problems with also looking at tables for a dash in my race car as ill be tuning it with efi live
Also just found a 12 cell laptop battery so might just go that route for now