PDA

View Full Version : Installed tuning, Now no door chime or radio sound through the speakers.

clkelley
June 15th, 2012, 12:57 AM
I got it worked out...

clkelley
June 15th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Ok, nevermind...

GMPX
June 16th, 2012, 09:23 AM
So what was it? Pull the radio fuse to reset it?

clkelley
June 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I figured out that it wasn't EFI related. First I pulled both the radio and radio amp fuses to attempt to reset it, I tried unplugging the batteries overnight. Once the batteries were hooked back up and the fuses were back in it was back. No change. I then attempted a time based VATS Relink with no change. Then I checked a few other things out and did a little digging and figured out that the aftermarket adapter to his aftermarket head unit had gotten a bad signal when I originally disconnected the batteries to install the DSP5 and was in security mode and the adapter itself needed "reprogramming". Although I had never seen it before, apparently it is a pretty common issue.

The best thing is that he already had an Edge Juice w/CS before EFI and sold it on my word that he would like EFI better even though he had not heard of EFI before and after installing the tuning from Kory he can't way enough about not only the improvement in the power but also how much better the tranny shifts and downshifts while he is loaded. Overall, it was s good install. The only real issue I had with the install was the same issue with V8 that others have seen with V8 saying the ECM was locked when I had just pulled the stock tune the day before. I did the install with V7.5 instead and it worked flawlessly. But I never checked his batteries to find out if low voltage caused that.

Dmaxink
June 17th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks for your feedback Chris, I will be sure to remember your solution if we run into this on another vehicle.

Thanks again,
Kory

clkelley
June 20th, 2012, 08:28 AM
No problem Kory, Tim is more than satisfied with the tuning. He came from an Edge Juice w/ CS and can't say enough about how much better the power comes as well as how much better the shifting is, especially when pulling his trailer.