PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading

minytrker
February 15th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I just bought EFI LIve personal maybe a month ago. I used both licenses already and desided to upgrade to the workshop version along with v2 when it comes out. I want to upgrade to the workshop version by Monday. The problem is I don't want to loose $699 for using efi live for only a month. The upgrade page says I will only get $180 credit for my two license. So I am loosing $519 for using efi for a month then spending $7000 for the workshop and then another $299 to upgrade to v2. I understand the really great deal going on right now and want to take advantage of it, but $500 is a lot to loose in a month. Is there anything I can do?

Black02SS
February 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I just bought EFI LIve personal maybe a month ago. I used both licenses already and desided to upgrade to the workshop version along with v2 when it comes out. I want to upgrade to the workshop version by Monday. The problem is I don't want to loose $699 for using efi live for only a month. The upgrade page says I will only get $180 credit for my two license. So I am loosing $519 for using efi for a month then spending $7000 for the workshop and then another $299 to upgrade to v2. I understand the really great deal going on right now and want to take advantage of it, but $500 is a lot to loose in a month. Is there anything I can do?
Unfortunately I don't think there is, but maybe Paul or someone can work something out with you. The nice thinig is you are losing the $500 for the month you used it, but you gain so much in the long run from the amount of vehicles you will be able to tune. I would rather lose $500 and save $1000s. JMO

Blacky
February 16th, 2006, 12:26 AM
This situation has occured before and will again. Our policy is that if you purchase a Personal or Commercial version of EFILive FlashScan and then upgrade to a Workshop within 1 month you get the price of the Personal or Commercial off of the price of your Workshop upgrade. You must return the original FlashScan cable to EFILive or the reseller from which you intend to purchase the Workshop upgrade. That offer is in lieu of the $158.40 discount for the 2 PCM licenses (not in addition).

If you're a few days over the month, we are flexible.

Contact me on paul@efilive.com and I'll sort it out for you - there's no need for you to be out of pocket $699.

Regards
Paul

Black02SS
February 16th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Thats what I am talking about!!

PS - Go to bed and get some rest. I know you guys have been hard at it. ;)

minytrker
February 16th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Wow! What great service once again. Thanks alot! I sent you a email. Thanks again
Lorenz

wait4me
February 16th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Hi Lorenz, Sorry that i didnt know that was a possibility when you called yesterday. Ill take care of you when you are ready for setting up a time. Also, i sent your file over today for you. Jes

minytrker
February 16th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Hi Lorenz, Sorry that i didnt know that was a possibility when you called yesterday. Ill take care of you when you are ready for setting up a time. Also, i sent your file over today for you. Jes

Thanks Jesse, it was an honest mistake. I know 100% after this that I made the right choice on what tuning software to buy. You can't beat that for customer service. Thanks again.
Can you send the file again, I never got it.
Thanks Lorenz

wait4me
February 16th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Resent again to the new address. :)

Black02SS
February 16th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks Jesse, it was an honest mistake. I know 100% after this that I made the right choice on what tuning software to buy. You can't beat that for customer service. Thanks again.
Can you send the file again, I never got it.
Thanks Lorenz

Glad to see they got you taken care of. I fixed your post as well. ;)

Happy Jim
February 16th, 2006, 11:09 AM
If you're a few days over the month, we are flexible.

Contact me on paul@efilive.com and I'll sort it out for you - there's no need for you to be out of pocket $699.

Regards
Paul

Paul,

This isn't going to happen to me, I'm only ever likely to tune 1 car - mine, however you've just made my mind up on which package to buy. Good customer service isn't about figuring out all the possible problems, it's about thinking what the right thing to do is - perfect example above.

My order will be with you shortly

Jim

Blacky
February 16th, 2006, 11:11 AM

We offered the same deal very early on to some customers in exactly the same situation. As Jesse said, most resellers were not aware of that option.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
February 24th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks I got my workshop version in today.