PDA

View Full Version : Flashing after 6.7 After Smarty

LBZoom
June 18th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Hey guys,
I know there are some threads on this from a while back but they are kind of dilluted with various questions, so.....

I've got a guy with a 6.7 Cummins, has a Smarty now but wants EFILive.... from what I read you can flash safely if you use a "pure"
stock file from a truck or one found online to create the tune, then flash it in?

I know you can't use the Smarty "stock" file for sure...

Thanks!

KDubya
June 18th, 2012, 06:45 AM
You can use a stock file from TuneFileDepot.com and flash that in and then use it as your base file. Either that or get the dealer to flash it. But if all of the emissions garbage has fallen off of it, I'd just use the tunefiledepot file and go from there.

GMPX
June 18th, 2012, 10:25 AM
It was one of the Smarty 'returned to stock' files that bricked a few ECM's a while back. I wouldn't go near it, so see if you can get a matching stock tune, or, tell the guy to visit the dealer and get them to flash in the latest and greatest program from Dodge.

WetMtnCrd
January 14th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I've tried that with a tune from tunefiledepot. Truck starts then dies. Just got my EFI v2 today. ECM had Smarty on it previously. Read the "stock" file fine. Just to get the OS and calibration numbers. Went to tunefiledepot and downloaded their 6.7 files. Found one that was pretty close. Both OS's are 11620807. The original calibration is 62351430AZ. The one I tried was 62350435AZ. Truck started then died. So I try one of the other files (different OS and calib) from tunefiledepot with the same results. Sarted then died. So I figured the original file came out ok it should go back ok. Flash it and the truck started and stayed running. The b9999 says "Incomplete, DoNotFlash". But it went back on and worked ok. So what's the deal with the other files starting and dieing?
Truck is a 2008 Ford F350 with an '08 6.7 Cummins CC and an Allison 1000 5spd. No emissions stuff. Grid delete with Shibby inline. ATS exhaust manifold and 5" w/Aeroturbine. S400/64 turbo. ARP studs.

LBZoom
January 14th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I've tried that with a tune from tunefiledepot. Truck starts then dies. Just got my EFI v2 today. ECM had Smarty on it previously. Read the "stock" file fine. Just to get the OS and calibration numbers. Went to tunefiledepot and downloaded their 6.7 files. Found one that was pretty close. Both OS's are 11620807. The original calibration is 62351430AZ. The one I tried was 62350435AZ. Truck started then died. So I try one of the other files (different OS and calib) from tunefiledepot with the same results. Sarted then died. So I figured the original file came out ok it should go back ok. Flash it and the truck started and stayed running. The b9999 says "Incomplete, DoNotFlash". But it went back on and worked ok. So what's the deal with the other files starting and dieing?
Truck is a 2008 Ford F350 with an '08 6.7 Cummins CC and an Allison 1000 5spd. No emissions stuff. Grid delete with Shibby inline. ATS exhaust manifold and 5" w/Aeroturbine. S400/64 turbo. ARP studs.

If you use any file other than the one you pulled from the ECM originally, you'll have to manually enter the vin# of the original tune into the new tune that you're attempting to use. Then it should work fine for you.

KDubya
January 14th, 2013, 04:58 PM
^^This. And use the tunefiledepot file as your base to tune from. That "Incomplete DoNotFlash" is telling you something. Check to make sure that the "Anti-Theft" is enabled also.

WetMtnCrd
January 14th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I did the VIN change before I flashed it. Didn't work. I did not check the Anti-Theft though. Should it be enabled or disabled?

WetMtnCrd
January 14th, 2013, 05:10 PM
It's enabled on all both the files I tried and on the original one.

WetMtnCrd
January 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
When I change the VIN I did in V7.5 tune. I just entered it in the VIN box. Is there another way I should have done this?

WetMtnCrd
January 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I tried the routine again today with no results. I changed the tunefiledepot file's VIN (entered it in the vin box) using V7.5 Tune and saved it. Flashed it--no good. Truck starts then dies. Flashed the tuenfiledepot unmodified file and used v7.5 scan on the "bidirectional" tab to change the vin--still no good. Starts then dies. Read the file back and it showed the vin change. So it appears to have accepted the change. But the truck still won't stay running. The Anti-Theft is enabled on the files. So what next? Are there any other stock oem files availble anywhere? Perhaps I've made a $1300 mistake in buying EFI Live thinking it might work on this truck/engine/tranmission combination. Can't read the Allison TCM either. Oh well. Ya never know til ya try.

Boost
January 15th, 2013, 12:26 PM
...Perhaps I've made a $1300 mistake in buying EFI Live thinking it might work on this truck/engine/tranmission combination. Can't read the Allison TCM either. Oh well. Ya never know til ya try.

Don't take this the wrong way especially since I don't have all the answers, but... with this kind of program / situation, you can't just jump to conclusions like that. Here's to hoping it works out for you, if / when it does chances are it will be thanks to the software and support. :beer:

KhakiCummins
January 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I tried the routine again today with no results. I changed the tunefiledepot file's VIN (entered it in the vin box) using V7.5 Tune and saved it. Flashed it--no good. Truck starts then dies. Flashed the tuenfiledepot unmodified file and used v7.5 scan on the "bidirectional" tab to change the vin--still no good. Starts then dies. Read the file back and it showed the vin change. So it appears to have accepted the change. But the truck still won't stay running. The Anti-Theft is enabled on the files. So what next? Are there any other stock oem files availble anywhere? Perhaps I've made a $1300 mistake in buying EFI Live thinking it might work on this truck/engine/tranmission combination. Can't read the Allison TCM either. Oh well. Ya never know til ya try.

Is your original tune file a manual or auto file?

KDubya
January 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Being as how you have all of the big 3 in one truck, I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe since it's in a Ford, the anti-theft needs to be disabled? I know in a Dodge that if it's flashed with it being disabled, it will run for a second or two and then die. How are all of your sensors? Is everything working as it should other than the main issue? Any codes?

WetMtnCrd
January 15th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Is your original tune file a manual or auto file?

Manual.

2007 5.9
January 15th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Anti-theft needs to be turned off.

cindy@efilive
January 15th, 2013, 01:05 PM
You may find the Cummins ECM reference notes document some assistance in explaining the cause and cure of the B9999 code along with Checksum explanations.

This document can be found in your V8 software installation by clicking on you windows start icon, then navigating through Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents.

EFILive can only work with co-operation from the user. The software guides you to make your flash successful. The B9999 situation you've had indicates that there is a problem with your base file, without the warnings you are getting you could have hosed your ECM. This wouldn't happen with a stock ECM with a dealer flash, so perhaps you should take this beef back to the customer service personnel of box tuner that was previously loaded.

There are a number of Fummins successfully using EFILive, both that I know of post frequently on Cummins Forum and/or Competition Diesel. Zach @ Starlite Diesel tunes one of these vehicles, perhaps these people may be of some material assistance in your situation.

As for your Allison, which TCM are you using?

Cheers
Cindy

WetMtnCrd
January 15th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Being as how you have all of the big 3 in one truck, I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe since it's in a Ford, the anti-theft needs to be disabled? I know in a Dodge that if it's flashed with it being disabled, it will run for a second or two and then die. How are all of your sensors? Is everything working as it should other than the main issue? Any codes?

The anti-theft is enabled in all the files I've tried. Even the original file has it enabled. And that one works ok. But that's exactly what's happening. It starts, runs for a couple seconds then dies with the new files. Not all sensors are installed. Just the esential ones. ECT, Fuel rail pressure, Boost pressure, MAF. No OAT, Baro, etc. As far as codes I really haven't paid much attention to them. There are usually a few when I've hooked up Auto Enginuity. There are no emissions stuff on here at all so I'm sure it throws a bunch of stuff for that. I use this ECM as a backup. I usually have a Zues installed. But we're having some high altitude cold start issues with Zeus and the stock ECM starts fine up here in cold weather. Was just hopeing to turn this one up a bit and get rid of the post injection for a slight increase in economy. The file in this ECM is a stock manual trans tune. Kinda weak but it starts and runs fine.

WetMtnCrd
January 15th, 2013, 01:14 PM
You may find the Cummins ECM reference notes document some assistance in explaining the cause and cure of the B9999 code along with Checksum explanations.

This document can be found in your V8 software installation by clicking on you windows start icon, then navigating through Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documents.

EFILive can only work with co-operation from the user. The software guides you to make your flash successful. The B9999 situation you've had indicates that there is a problem with your base file, without the warnings you are getting you could have hosed your ECM. This wouldn't happen with a stock ECM with a dealer flash, so perhaps you should take this beef back to the customer service personnel of box tuner that was previously loaded.

There are a number of Fummins successfully using EFILive, both that I know of post frequently on Cummins Forum and/or Competition Diesel. Zach @ Starlite Diesel tunes one of these vehicles, perhaps these people may be of some material assistance in your situation.

Cheers
Cindy

EFI seems to be working ok. The reads and flashes are working. Just the files aren't happy in this ECM. I'm just not sure I'm doing the vin change correctly. Appears to be two ways to do it. But when I've read the file back it showed the vin to be changed so I think it's working. But somethng else is not happy.
I'll have to look at the TCM and see what it is.

comnrailpwr
January 15th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Anti-theft needs to be turned off.

Agreed, try this.

KhakiCummins
January 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Manual.

All of the *0435 files appear be be auto files. Not sure if that is what is causing the problem but if you get me your e-mail, I can send you a stock 2008 Manual file. It's from a PU, not C&C but from what I hear all the guys tuning use PU files for the C&C. The calibration on the files I have is 72351430, OS 11720809.

WetMtnCrd
January 15th, 2013, 02:31 PM
All of the *0435 files appear be be auto files. Not sure if that is what is causing the problem but if you get me your e-mail, I can send you a stock 2008 Manual file. It's from a PU, not C&C but from what I hear all the guys tuning use PU files for the C&C. The calibration on the files I have is 72351430, OS 11720809.

There was a 'manual' file on tunefiledepot but I didn't try it. Probly should've. But I'm more than willing to try your file. ofb1955@yahoo.com Thanks.

KhakiCummins
January 15th, 2013, 02:37 PM
sent.....

WetMtnCrd
January 16th, 2013, 09:51 AM

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy;
Here's the numbers off the TCM.
End Model P/N: 15079906 Broadcast Code: 9906
S/N: BK9906M320520463
Service Nbr: 15768288

WetMtnCrd
January 16th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Tried a different file. Didn't work. Tried it and another one with anti-theft disabled. Still didn't work. Truck starts then dies. I've tried 4 different files now in various configurations and it isn't working. Only one of the files has the same OS. But it don't work either. Guess I'm going to have to call a Dodge dealer and see if they'll flash my Fumison. Nearest one is 65 miles. :ranting:

KDubya
January 16th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I'm wondering that since it's a manual file with an alison trans if the ecm needs to see the clutch safety switch satisfied or maybe a neutral indication. I'm going to bow out of this one and let the more knowledgeable people try and help.

WetMtnCrd
January 16th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I'm wondering that since it's a manual file with an alison trans if the ecm needs to see the clutch safety switch satisfied or maybe a neutral indication. I'm going to bow out of this one and let the more knowledgeable people try and help.

The original file I read from the ecm was a manual file. And it was working ok pretty much in stock and original form compared to other files. I've tried two different manual trans files. I tried an auto file too. I disabled the torque converter limiting as well as trying all the files with the anti-theft disabled. I did a comparison of the original file and a couple other files and can't see any differences that I haven't tried other than some fuel table differences that likely wouldn't keep them from working.

jklove
January 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM
What vin are you putting in? Is it from the '08 c&c?

WetMtnCrd
January 17th, 2013, 12:45 PM
What vin are you putting in? Is it from the '08 c&c?

It's the one from the file that I read from the ecm. It's an '08 Ram 4500 c&c engine.

Motorzane
January 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I'm just throwing this out there. But are you programing the Ford VIN into the ECM?

Sorry. I just now saw the post above. It acts like its in theft mode. Are you not getting any codes because the theft are disabled in the file?

WetMtnCrd
January 17th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I'm just throwing this out there. But are you programing the Ford VIN into the ECM?

Sorry. I just now saw the post above. It acts like its in theft mode. Are you not getting any codes because the theft are disabled in the file?

No. It's a Dodge VIN. ECM came with the engine. Out of a '08 Ram 4500 C&C. This VIN is what's on the file that I read out of the ECM after Smarty. Had a Smarty tune in there when we first got it going. Went to Zeus. I like Zeus for summer use. But it has some cold start issues that are being worked on. So for the winter I'm running the stock ECM. Took Smarty off and don't have it anymore. ECM was "returned to stock" by Smarty. But we all know how that goes. I was hoping to bump this one up a little and improve economy by eliminating the post injection. I've tried several other files with various configurations. The anti-theft has been enabled and disabled. Didn't matter either way. It throws plenty of codes. Mostly emissions stuff. But I never see them because the engine ECM doesn't report that stuff to the Ford ECM. But I can read read them with AE or EFI. And these are from the original tune that starts and runs fine. I did a file comparison between this file and some others. Very little differences. I've even made a couple other files the same as the original using EFI and they still won't work. Smarty really screws them up. Sometimes I wish I hadn't taken Smarty off. It ran pretty good but the mileage was down. A stock ECM cleaned up should get better than 15 mpg. I'd like to try to get 20-22. That's what I get with Zeus. I wanted to see if I get that with this one And have a little more passing power too. But if I don't get in there to make some changes-- oh well. I'll just have to be happy using EFI to do transmission tuning behind a Zeus powered engine. I'm not going to spend much more time on this ECM, it's working for now. Spring is near.

Motorzane
January 18th, 2013, 01:38 AM
If your in the Dallas area, bring the truck by my shop and I will flash a factory file from Chrysler into the ECM with a factory Witech scan tool

WetMtnCrd
January 18th, 2013, 04:32 AM
If your in the Dallas area, bring the truck by my shop and I will flash a factory file from Chrysler into the ECM with a factory Witech scan tool

Thanks. But don't think I'll be in that area anytime soon though.

WetMtnCrd
January 19th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Here's a question. Do the files flashed into a CM2100 with V8 have to have the .ctd extension. I know in the Cummins quick start guide it says to save a modified file in that format. But I don't get that option. It gives me a .tun or .ctz option. The files I've been trying to flash have all been .ctz files. Just wondering if that makes a difference. Also does the OS have to be the same? I only have 1 file with the same OS as my original file. All the files I've tried basically do the same thing though--start, run a few seconds then die. I know a lot of people claim that this has to do with the anti-theft but I've tried it enabled and disabled with no change.
I finally did get into the TCM and get that file out.

2007 5.9
January 19th, 2013, 04:43 PM
.ctz is the correct file format

KDubya
January 19th, 2013, 06:00 PM
It might help if you post the smarty file that was working on the original ecm. A fresh set of eyes may be able to find something you're missing. It can't hurt anyway.

KDubya
January 19th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Wait a minute. What about the SKIM key DTC?? Have you tried disabling that one DTC? Disable that one code and see what it does.

WetMtnCrd
January 20th, 2013, 07:58 AM
It might help if you post the smarty file that was working on the original ecm. A fresh set of eyes may be able to find something you're missing. It can't hurt anyway.

Ok. Here it is. This file is what came out. It starts and runs fine. Even though it has the "incomplete, donotflash" warning on the B9999 line I have successfully flashed back in several times. Had to or I wouldn't be able to drive the truck. Just an opinion but I think the reason for this it that I have not changed anything in it. If it stays absolutely unchanged it can go back in.

WetMtnCrd
January 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Wait a minute. What about the SKIM key DTC?? Have you tried disabling that one DTC? Disable that one code and see what it does.

SKIM is enabled on the original file. Everything is enabled in the original file and it works fine. I think it has something to do with the VIN change. Maybe from C&C to regular pickup isn't compatible. My original ECM VIN: 3D6WD66A88G162347 It's a 2008 RAM 4500 SLT or ST.

WetMtnCrd
January 22nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Tried a couple files today with just Anti-theft and SKIM disabled and then with those and all emissions stuff disabled. Same result--starts then dies. Guess I'm gonna have to go over to the city and see if I can get someone (dealer) to flash it back to stock. I don't know what else to do.

Tobin
January 22nd, 2013, 02:31 PM
On my 6.7, I got a C&C ECM that wasn't supported by EFI Live, so I just grabbed a stock 6.7 OS offline and downloaded it to the ECM. I haven't had a problem.

Tobin

ScarabEpic22
January 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
On my 6.7, I got a C&C ECM that wasn't supported by EFI Live, so I just grabbed a stock 6.7 OS offline and downloaded it to the ECM. I haven't had a problem.

Tobin

Interesting, can you foward that unsupported file to support@efilive.com? Havent had any issues tuning it with a non-C&C OS?

WetMtnCrd
January 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM

Tobin

This one had a Smarty on it previously. I have all the files from tunefiledepot for a 6.7 and none of them work.

Tobin
January 22nd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Interesting, can you foward that unsupported file to support@efilive.com? Havent had any issues tuning it with a non-C&C OS?

I sent it in months ago for their database. No issues, but I am using the ECM in a standalone application. I have only run it on a test stand at the moment. Ran fine though.

Tobin

Tobin
January 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM
This one had a Smarty on it previously. I have all the files from tunefiledepot for a 6.7 and none of them work.

How about taking it to a dealer and have them flash it with a 2500/3500 pickup tune? That should give you a clean slate to start with.

Tobin

WetMtnCrd
January 25th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Found a dealer that will flash it but claims he's not had much luck with the C&C ECM's. Given the different chassis these engines are in he says he's had issues with the various VIN's not being accepted on the flash. He said he would try it but wouldn't guarantee that it would work. When I checked with Cummins about flashing it they asked if the ECM had a Cummins tag on it or a Dodge/Chrysler tag. So it must make a difference to the OEM equipment that's used to flash these things. My ECM has a Cummins tag on it. So if the dealer tries to flash it and it doesn't work is my ECM dead? Any comments on this?

Still don't understand why it accepts a pickup file but won't stay running. Is this 'start then die' thing a 'no start' or is it a different situation? I would think a no start is just that--no start.

Tobin
January 29th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Seems like the SKIM is killing it.

Did you get it figured out?

Tobin

WetMtnCrd
January 29th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Seems like the SKIM is killing it.

Did you get it figured out?

Tobin

Seems that way. But I've tried it with it enabled and disabled as well as anti-theft enabled and disabled. And on several different files. They all do the same thing. What's interesting though is that the original file (that still works) has everything enabled in it. Looks like a totally untouched file. Going to get over to the city next week. Will try to get it reflashed then. Nobody wants to do the C&C ecm's. They claim they don't always work. I'm not sure what that'll do to my ecm.

Tobin
January 29th, 2013, 04:05 AM
I can email you my disabled tune that works on my C&C ECM if you are interested.

PM me your email address.

Tobin

WetMtnCrd
January 29th, 2013, 05:00 AM
I can email you my disabled tune that works on my C&C ECM if you are interested.

PM me your email address.

Tobin
I'd certainly take a look at it and give it a try. Just need a good flie that starts and runs as a starting point for tuning.

WetMtnCrd
January 29th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Ok. Tried a C&C file from Tobin and it worked. Started and stayed running. Have some surging above 60% throttle that I don't have with my file but it did run. So this makes me believe that there is a difference between pickup files and C&C files or the ECM's. In my investigation to get mine reflashed I was asked if the ECM was a Dodge/Chrysler part or a Cummins part. Mine has a Cummins tag on it. I'm not familiar enough with these to know if the pickups have something different on them or not. I just know that the 6 or 7 other files I tried did not work. This one did. Thanks Tobin for the files.

Now to figure out the surging and get some tuning done.

Tobin
January 29th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Glad to hear it worked. Have you done any data logging to see what the surge is about?

Do you have +12 volts to the mass air meter? Do you have a speed signal to the ECM over the CAN BUS?

Does your ECM just have 2 connectors or does it have a 3rd connector like this:

Tobin

Tobin
January 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM
This is the tag on my ECM:

WetMtnCrd
January 29th, 2013, 01:07 PM
This is the tag on my ECM:

Yea, that looks just like mine. But I'm missing the lower bar code one. But upper one is the same.

WetMtnCrd
January 29th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Glad to hear it worked. Have you done any data logging to see what the surge is about?

Do you have +12 volts to the mass air meter? Do you have a speed signal to the ECM over the CAN BUS?

Does your ECM just have 2 connectors or does it have a 3rd connector like this:

Tobin

No I didn't get to log anything. Didn't take the laptop with me. A mass air meter sensor was installed for use with the stock ecm. Not sure about the 12v though. Speed signal is another question. I've monitored the PCS (mine is the XFC) and only have TPS and RPM there. Also have monitored with Auto Enginuity and had no VSS indicated on it either. Was told by the person who set this up that speed is present to the TCM (GM) from the transmission (Allison). But I haven't been able to see it on the TCM, XFC,or ECM. I had some issues setting upshift and downshift parameters because of this. The speed table adjustments do seem to work though. I going to set up a Dashboard in EFI scan tool tonight. It only comes with 'canned' GM stuff. So we have to build our own for the Cummins engines.

KhakiCummins
January 29th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Glad you finally got a tune file that works for you!!

cindy@efilive
January 30th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Behind the scenes I've been searching for a C&C manual file to assist. At this point I still haven't found one.

Tobin, for the reference of future customers would you be willing to share your file, either through uploading it to this thread or submitting it to the Tunefiledepot.com?

Cheers
Cindy

Tobin
January 31st, 2013, 01:06 AM
Here is my modified tune. I got the stock tune offline, I think tunedepot IIRC.

Tobin

Tobin
January 31st, 2013, 01:11 AM
Here is the C&C tune I pulled from my ECM before dumping a pickup file on it. No need to worry about VIN numbers on a conversion since it isn't communicating with any other modules in the truck.

Tobin

Motorzane
January 31st, 2013, 03:35 AM
Behind the scenes I've been searching for a C&C manual file to assist. At this point I still haven't found one.

Tobin, for the reference of future customers would you be willing to share your file, either through uploading it to this thread or submitting it to the Tunefiledepot.com?

Cheers
Cindy

Here is a C&C Manual file that I did a factory flash with my Chrysler WiTech1446014460

cindy@efilive
January 31st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks for sharing everyone. From a operating system support perspective, we do what we need to do with just a couple of reads. We never get a full set, which limits our ability to help out customers in need.

While it did take a couple of weeks for WetMtnCrd to get up and running, your generousity has insured that the next person looking for a manual C&C file will have a couple readily available.

Cheers
Cindy

WetMtnCrd
January 31st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Ok. Got rid of the fluctuation today.:grin: Truck runs fine now. Although it is a stock C&C tune so a little weak. Basically I used Tobins file and disabled all the emissions stuff on the parameter tables. For mine I also disabled the VGT stuff and all the torque limiting stuff as well. I did not disable anything on the DTC list. It took a while but with the help and generosity of the people on this forum we got it done. Saved me from having to make a 200 mile round trip and who knows how much money for a dealer reflash. Thanks again to all who contributed. Now for some tuning. Hmmmmm......on to the next adventure.

beav
June 15th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Ok. Got rid of the fluctuation today.:grin: Truck runs fine now. Although it is a stock C&C tune so a little weak. Basically I used Tobins file and disabled all the emissions stuff on the parameter tables. For mine I also disabled the VGT stuff and all the torque limiting stuff as well. I did not disable anything on the DTC list. It took a while but with the help and generosity of the people on this forum we got it done. Saved me from having to make a 200 mile round trip and who knows how much money for a dealer reflash. Thanks again to all who contributed. Now for some tuning. Hmmmmm......on to the next adventure.
I am having the same issue as you WetMtnCrd. I also have the same build (just in an 06 F250). I would be interested in seeing your build thread if you have one.

On the other hand, I first wanted to say thanks to the great community and vendor support on the forums here. I just downloaded the C&C files on the previous page, but have not flashed them yet. Hopefully it work for me as well. I can't express the way it feels when you get on the last stretch of an almost 2 year project and finally get it started...only to have it die on you in 3 seconds!!! Both excitement and disappointment at the same time. I'm sure some of you out there know what I'm talking about.

Anyhow, I'm off to the garage to see if this works. I'll report back later...

Thanks again!

WetMtnCrd
June 15th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Good luck with your conversion and the stock ecm. Bottom line is that until someone figures out how to get around the limitations of the stock ecm on a conversion truck with out all the other boxes and sensors of a stock Dodge truck setup you will not get full potiential out of it. At least not with EFI. I'm not bashing anyone here but that's the simple facts. Somehow Smarty did it but you don't have any tuning capability with Smarty and can't get rid of the pilot/post injections. I was able to get it to run fairly well but not up to full potential by cranking up the pulse widths and adjusting the timing. The fuel tables and the pressure tables didn't really respond to adjustment the way I thought they should. I'm currently back on the Zeus ecm from Destroked. Not going to coment too much here but it works. It lacks the cold start and low throttle setting manners of the stock ecm but it's drivable and it works very well. I will continue to monitor the forum to see if anyone figures out how to get EFI to do this the way we want it to and answer any questions based on my limited experience with EFI. I only spent 5 months trying to figure it out so I'm no expert.

beav
June 15th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Thanks for the info...

By chance, did you get this message when trying to open Tobin's stock C&C file in v7.5 tune?

WetMtnCrd
June 15th, 2013, 05:43 AM
No. I ddn't get that msg. It loaded and worked fine on my ecm.

beav
July 20th, 2013, 01:10 PM
No. I ddn't get that msg. It loaded and worked fine on my ecm.

Did you use Tobin's Stock C&C or the one that he modified from the stock C&C?

WetMtnCrd
July 21st, 2013, 06:44 AM
I didn't realize there were two different ones. I used the first one he posted. I assumed it a stock C&C file.

beav
July 21st, 2013, 11:42 AM
I didn't realize there were two different ones. I used the first one he posted. I assumed it a stock C&C file.
Pretty sure the first one is the same as the second one that he posted, but it appears that he modified the tables to look more like the stock Ram-style tune.

I've yet to get a Ram tune to work - even when I disable the SKIM features. It just dies 3 seconds after starting. I would rather start tuning from a Ram base tune, but the C&C will have to do until I find one that allows me to disable SKIM.

406nick
September 25th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Good luck with your conversion and the stock ecm. Bottom line is that until someone figures out how to get around the limitations of the stock ecm on a conversion truck with out all the other boxes and sensors of a stock Dodge truck setup you will not get full potiential out of it. At least not with EFI. I'm not bashing anyone here but that's the simple facts. Somehow Smarty did it but you don't have any tuning capability with Smarty and can't get rid of the pilot/post injections. I was able to get it to run fairly well but not up to full potential by cranking up the pulse widths and adjusting the timing. The fuel tables and the pressure tables didn't really respond to adjustment the way I thought they should. I'm currently back on the Zeus ecm from Destroked. Not going to coment too much here but it works. It lacks the cold start and low throttle setting manners of the stock ecm but it's drivable and it works very well. I will continue to monitor the forum to see if anyone figures out how to get EFI to do this the way we want it to and answer any questions based on my limited experience with EFI. I only spent 5 months trying to figure it out so I'm no expert.

I know this is a little older but thought I better give it a shot. Have you had much luck with your conversion truck WetMtnCrd? I am doing a very similar one and am having the exact same issue you were having. My ecm was already a c&c but it would still start and die. I tried loading the tune that Tobin had on here but that's about the time it went to a no start. I thought maybe I bricked the ecm but I am hoping if I let it sit maybe it will come out of it. I tried loading a few other files with the same results then loaded the stock back in and still the same thing. When I pull the file out I can still see everything so I am hoping that maybe I got locked out or something. Wasn't counting how many times I started it. For reference I have an 08 Ford with a 08 6.7 going into it (maybe that's why I couldn't get the other files to work since this is an 08?).

beav
September 26th, 2013, 03:05 AM
I believe that WetMtnCrd is cruising along with his ZEUS, dragging his OEM ECU from his bumper!!! :crash:

WetMtnCrd
December 4th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I'm back on the stock ecm for the winter. Zeus doesn't start well at this altitude in cold weather. Has anyone figured out how to get the stock ecm to fully fuel with EFI yet? It won't compete with Zeus on a performance level until we figure this out.

beav
December 4th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I'm still on the 08 Dodge ECU O/S but I changed all of the axis points (primarily the fuel qty) to 100 instead of 150. Seems to be getting plenty of fuel, but I am just now getting back to the engine tuning since I have been dealing with the p0742 tranny code for 6 months...finally fixed!

I am working on getting the TOS input to the ECU in order to get a speed signal. I am hoping that this will get my EB working and hopefully resolve some other issues like fueling - not sure yet.

406nick
December 4th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I am using the c&c file still also. I have been working on trying to get a speed signal to the ecm through a can converter but haven't had much luck. I haven't gotten into it too much at this point but I also am not able to get good communication with a scan tool. Keeps cutting out for some reason so I'm thinking it's because it doesn't see the other modules?? Without being able to see the scan tool vss reading I am not able to calibrate the speed signal to know if my converter is working. I may end up needing to get my signal from a different place if it isn't readying correctly.