PDA

View Full Version : EFILive V8.2.1.202 and V7.5.7.211 June 22 Update is Available

Blacky
June 21st, 2012, 03:06 PM
The latest EFILive software update is available here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Regards
Paul

Taz
June 21st, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hello Paul,

Builds 211 / 202 addressed the LS1-B issue that had presented itself with builds 210/ 201 - works great now.

Thank you for the very quick roll out of the patch / next build version of the software.

Cheers,
Taz

catman3126
June 22nd, 2012, 06:24 AM
Was not able to flash an LLY or LB7 this morning without taking the normal fuses out and unselecting high speed. just kept saying bootloader rejected, reason:no reply. this patch fixed it. thanks blacky. works good now.

wesam
June 22nd, 2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks Paul the problem with LS1B solved with this patch

modpcm
June 22nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Any chances to see the T76 calz files on the auto update :wave:

thanks

Motorzane
June 22nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
Was not able to flash an LLY or LB7 this morning without taking the normal fuses out and unselecting high speed. just kept saying bootloader rejected, reason:no reply. this patch fixed it. thanks blacky. works good now.

Was that using V8 or V7.5

bikealarmblair
June 23rd, 2012, 02:09 AM
working in UK too :)

minytrker
June 23rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Now can't flash ls1b with v7.5

Blacky
June 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Now can't flash ls1b with v7.5
Which not much explanation of what the problem is I can't really offer much help, but...
Have you tried installing the old USB drivers using: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive USB Manager

FYI
V7 works better with the older drivers.
V8 works with both drivers, but may "blue screen" with the old drivers when multiple FTDI USB devices are connected.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
June 24th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I could flash them until this last update. V7.5 will give the boot loader error like I was getting with ls1a before update. I can flash ls1b only with v8. I haven't tried ls1a since update but have one this week to do.

Blacky
June 24th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I could flash them until this last update. V7.5 will give the boot loader error like I was getting with ls1a before update. I can flash ls1b only with v8. I haven't tried ls1a since update but have one this week to do.

Can you please send trace files as per the end of this page: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8254-QOGC-9586
Regards
Paul

Boost
June 24th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Thank you Paul for all your work on the update! I installed all of it as soon as it came out and have already used it. V8 works great, but I did get a bootloader error in V7 trying to read an LS1b. I ended up reading it with V8, making changes in V7, then flashing with V8 just to be safe since the read failed.

imfromthecountry
June 24th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I am having he same issue, I cant flash my LLY, I have to use the V8 software to download, I get a bootloader error. This never happened till I updated to build 211. Is this something you will be fixing in the next build release?

imfromthecountry
June 24th, 2012, 11:56 PM
This build 211 cause me not to be able to download to my LLY and was able to before with 7.5

Blacky
June 25th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Thank you Paul for all your work on the update! I installed all of it as soon as it came out and have already used it. V8 works great, but I did get a bootloader error in V7 trying to read an LS1b. I ended up reading it with V8, making changes in V7, then flashing with V8 just to be safe since the read failed.

Can you please see the section titled "Further Support" on this page:
http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8254-QOGC-9586

Send the trace files of the failed LS1B read, to me at paul@efilive.com, thanks

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 25th, 2012, 10:26 AM
For anyone experiencing read/flash issues.

Please make sure you have the latest V8 software installed - which includes the latest firmware for your FlashScan device.
Once you have that software installed, click on the [Check Firmware] button to check (and update) the firmware on your FlashScan device.

You must have software: V8.2.1 build 203 as shown in the image below.
You must have firmware: V2.07.35 as shown in the image below.

Regards
Paul

imfromthecountry
June 25th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks, i put the latest version on and it works now!!!

minytrker
June 25th, 2012, 11:13 AM
For anyone experiencing read/flash issues.

Please make sure you have the latest V8 software installed - which includes the latest firmware for your FlashScan device.
Once you have that software installed, click on the [Check Firmware] button to check (and update) the firmware on your FlashScan device.

You must have software: V8.2.1 build 203 as shown in the image below.
You must have firmware: V2.07.35 as shown in the image below.

Regards
Paul

That may have been my problem. I downloaded it but it didnt install for some reason. Its installed now, I'll test it tomorrow.

roy67ss
August 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I still have build 170 on the V8 and 180 on the 7.5. Is there anything special I should do to update?

joecar
August 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I still have build 170 on the V8 and 180 on the 7.5. Is there anything special I should do to update?See post #4 here (read the pdf very carefully and only proceed when understood): Can-I-view-misfire-counts (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19865-Can-I-view-misfire-counts)

roy67ss
August 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I had upgraded a few times before those versions. I thought that there might be too many versions missed to do all at once.

joecar
August 10th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Install V7 build 211 and V8 build 203;

then if your firmware is older refer to that pdf;

else if your V2 firmware is 2.07.xx it is an easy matter of flashing in the new bootblock and new firmware...

and then you have to edit the BBx config and program it to your V2 (V8 S&T software, F5: BBx, Scan/Tune/DTC).

roy67ss
August 10th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a go!

catman3126
August 12th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I get this error message when I goto use the speedo calibration and the speedo fine tuning does not seem to work.

joecar
August 13th, 2012, 06:57 AM
You have to login to Windows as Administrator (i.e. has sufficient privilege to write files in system folders).

catman3126
August 13th, 2012, 08:10 AM
This is my personal laptop I'm the only one who can log into it I never have had to do anything like that before and it doesn't ask me to do that when I goto change fueling or timing.

joecar
August 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
It's a Windows thing... check that your Windows account has privilege to write in a system folder.

ls1mike
August 27th, 2012, 02:31 AM
I've got two 2012 trucks which will not go past 99 MPH. I've tried every setting, including setting the source to ECM. Something is holding them back, any ideas or timeline on a fix for this? Thanks, Mike

ls1mike
August 31st, 2012, 02:46 AM
Took a second look today and it looks like it is a bug AND my bad.

Even though all my settings are supposed to be imperial, the speed limiter is still in KPH.

Thanks for taking a look at that code to fix that for the next release.

Also worth mentioning is that when you use the EFILIVE tire resize tool it does not affect the correct parameters for the E38.
NOT included in the changes but should be are:
H0105
H0135

Thanks!

Blacky
August 31st, 2012, 09:42 AM
Took a second look today and it looks like it is a bug AND my bad.

Even though all my settings are supposed to be imperial, the speed limiter is still in KPH.

Thanks for taking a look at that code to fix that for the next release.

Which calibration? H0129?
Do you mean it displays 155mph in the software, but in reality it is limiting the real speed of the vehicle to 155km/h?

Also worth mentioning is that when you use the EFILIVE tire resize tool it does not affect the correct parameters for the E38.
NOT included in the changes but should be are:
H0105
H0135

Thanks!

The main purpose of the speedo calculator is not to make the dashboard speedo read correctly. The speedo calculator is to make sure the ECM knows what speed the vehicle is doing.
Once the ECM knows what speed the vehicle is doing it then uses H0105 to generate the appropriate number of pulses per mile that the dashboard speedometer gauge requires.
For example, say the gauge needs 1000 pulses per mile, you'd set H0105 to 1000. If the ECM computes the vehicle's speed at 50mph (based on the various speedo calculator settings) then it will transmit 50,000 pulses per hour (1000 pulses x 50 miles).

If the ECM's speed was not calibrated correctly and it "thought" the vehicle was doing 25mph when in fact the real speed was 50mph, then you could fool the speedo into displaying the correct value by doubling H0105 to 2000.
That means the ECM would still be transmitting 50,000 pulses per hour and the gauge would be fooled into displaying 50mph which would look correct on the gauge but it would still be wrong in the ECM. All the other calculations that rely on the vehicle's speed would be computed incorrectly. What I'm getting at is, you need to make the ECM's internal speed correct, then you can adjust H0105 to suit the dashboard gauge.

As for H0135, you should not need to adjust that if H0136 and H0139 are consistent with each other and correct for the tires fitted to the vehicle.

That "theory" I've posted above is based on what we can "figure out" about how the speedo system works. If our theory is wrong (and for some ECMs it could be wrong) then what I've said above may not be 100% correct. GM have changed their speedo strategy multiple times over multiple ECM updates and many times the old calibrations are left in the ECM but are not used. So figuring out which ECM uses what calibrations for what is very difficult.

Regards
Paul

ls1mike
September 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
H0129 through H0161 display in metric no matter what, no option for display in imperial.

Good to know the theory behind it, but I'm sure you'll have a lot of customers scratching their heads trying to get the dial correct like I did the first time around. Might want to at least add a comment in the description.

H0135 was making a truck with (much) larger tires waver speed on the highway on cruise control. Set it at 75MPH and it would drop to 70 and then overcompensate. Adjusting it got it to hold one speed constantly. This was a 2011 truck IIRC.

Thanks again!

Blacky
September 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM
Are you sure you have the speedo section set to Imperial as in the image(s) below?

Regards
Paul

ls1mike
September 4th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Aha, problem solved. What tripped me up is I had it set to imperial for LS1 computers (a long time ago) but it loads a different preference file for the LS2+ and the option just had slipped my mind. Thanks for taking time to answer my questions, it really means a lot to me!

Blacky
September 4th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Aha, problem solved. What tripped me up is I had it set to imperial for LS1 computers (a long time ago) but it loads a different preference file for the LS2+ and the option just had slipped my mind. Thanks for taking time to answer my questions, it really means a lot to me!

Yes you're right, I had forgotten about that too :)
Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Old thread bump, any idea when another update will be available? I imagine the lack of updates since June is due to 6.7L Cummins stuff, any cool features/stuff coming out soon? I know SEMA is right around the corner too (didnt get tickets this year, dang!).

Boost
October 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Don't feel bad Erik! My boss and co-workers are going while I have to stay home to answer phones :/ LOL

Blacky
October 15th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Old thread bump, any idea when another update will be available? I imagine the lack of updates since June is due to 6.7L Cummins stuff, any cool features/stuff coming out soon? I know SEMA is right around the corner too (didnt get tickets this year, dang!).

Scary timing, have you got spies inside EFILive?

We've been working 24x7 getting a whole bunch of new features ready. Just yesterday I built the first beta (since June) to be tested internally by EFILive (i.e. Ross, Andrew and Myself). If that all checks out ok, then external beta testing will be starting this week. I'd expect a publicly available update to be ready around end of Oct.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
October 15th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Scary timing, have you got spies inside EFILive?

We've been working 24x7 getting a whole bunch of new features ready. Just yesterday I built the first beta (since June) to be tested internally by EFILive (i.e. Ross, Andrew and Myself). If that all checks out ok, then external beta testing will be starting this week. I'd expect a publicly available update to be ready around end of Oct.

Regards
Paul

I wish I had spies inside EFILive, you guys do a pretty good job being as transparent as you can while retaining proprietary secrets so I cant complain (well I can...but wont do any good). Remember, if you need a tester up here the the NW of the U.S., just let me know. :D

wesam
October 15th, 2012, 03:45 PM
it seems EFILive stuff are busy to finish the new V8 :)
I hoop the 2013 2500HD trucks will be supported in the next update

Duramax 6.6L
October 16th, 2012, 03:49 AM
it seems EFILive stuff are busy to finish the new V8 :)
I hoop the 2013 2500HD trucks will be supported in the next update

I hope this is true, I have customers waiting for the update also

GMPX
October 16th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Yes, I should get those new 2013 E78 OS's done for the final release, there is FIVE new E78 OS's for the 2013 models :doh:

FUBAR
October 16th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Derail, but your inbox is full ScarabEpic22.

Fooling the PC:
Just had my computer wiped down after a crash. I have all my dash, pid, anything pertaining to ScanTool files saved on my usb card. I have my VIN .vml and .vpl files that I have used in the past to copy to a computer that has never been connected to the vehicle to fool the PC that it has, so it will validate my PID's and I can create charts and such to review logs. I can't remember what location I copied them to. Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit, SP1

Thanks!

joecar
October 16th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Find the folder User Configuration and then look at the names of the subfolders.

ScarabEpic22
October 16th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Fubar- Thanks for the heads up, I havent paid attention to that! Just cleared out some space, PM me if you still want to!

What Joe said, ususally C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\xxxx

joecar
October 17th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Actutally, my mistake, sorry...

look at the other folders at the same level where User Configuration is located (i.e. don't go down into User Configuration).

Ninety8C5
October 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
The .vml and .vpl files go in the PIDS folder : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDs

The license info and other things go in the 'User Configuration' folder.

FUBAR
October 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks guys. I placed the .vml and .vpl files into the PIDs folder with no love. If I open a log, whatever paremters I datalogged at the time, I can select/de-select them under the pid's tab in scantool as well setup my graphs to view the logs. But, if I do not have a log open, or did not log the pids I am wanting to create charts for in the future, it will not show the PID's in the PID tab. I missing something or am not placing the files in exactly right place.

joecar
October 17th, 2012, 02:59 PM
In this folder C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\

the following folders contain these files:

PIDs = *.pid *.vml *.vpl
VDash = *.vpd *.vdb

Boost
October 17th, 2012, 11:19 PM
WOW, holey E78 batman!!! Sonic RS, Buick Encore?? Let's keep all the Cruzey support up to date fellas! Keep up the magnificent work!! :fluffy:

GMPX
October 18th, 2012, 08:12 AM
WOW, holey E78 batman!!! Sonic RS, Buick Encore??
Also....Silverado 2500HD, Mexican Colorado, Volt, GM have fallen in love with this ECM.

Boost
October 18th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Haha! Better get in on the stream... :)

ScarabEpic22
October 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Even Mexico gets the NBS Colorado??? Man, the US is getting screwed on this deal. No I4 Duramax and we're the last ones to get the new Colorado, lame. If you can get the I4 Duramax in Mexico though, might mean getting one in the US will be a lot easier than trying to ship one from AU/NZ or Thailand.

Tre-Cool
October 20th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Also....Silverado 2500HD, Mexican Colorado, Volt, GM have fallen in love with this ECM.

Are they running the same ecu in the aus versions? would be silly not to i would think.

Mikz86ta
October 24th, 2012, 02:53 AM
I get the message (and have since I owned EFILive) that when my EFILive tried to auto update, it will now connect to the server. Evertime I am in solid internet connection. I have EFILive setup to auto update check on its own.
For the record, I have the older Flash Scan V1 Controller (small box, no LCD, button and few LEDs).
My Softwares is v7.5.4 (build 64)

Should I download and manually get V8 or V7.5..7 ?
Do I need to manually update the one I have to a later build first? Kinda thought I saw you need build 211 or so first. But I cannot find how to manually update that since my auto update obviously isnt cooperating

Thank you in advance!

joecar
October 24th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Mik,

if you have V1 then all you need is V7 build 211...

goto the downloads page at www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com) and download V7 build 211, then install it.

Note: V1 firmware cannot be flashed in the field.

BTW: V8 software is for V2.

joecar
October 24th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Correction: I corrected my previous post (about flashing V1) (insufficient coffee).

joecar
October 24th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Mik, do the update manually... and then after it is installed you can enable auto updates.

DrkPhx
October 28th, 2012, 12:46 AM
I've tried to update to the latest version on two different computers and it won't set up the new version and I get error code "Archive integrity check failed. The setup file is not complete, possibly due to an incomplete download or corrupted file."

Boost
October 28th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Correction: I corrected my previous post (about flashing V1) (insufficient coffee).

:rotflmao:

Insufficient Coffee should be and actual message on the screen Joe!

joecar
October 28th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I've tried to update to the latest version on two different computers and it won't set up the new version and I get error code "Archive integrity check failed. The setup file is not complete, possibly due to an incomplete download or corrupted file."Your download was incomplete... delete the downloaded .exe files and do the download again...

let me know what happens.

joecar
October 28th, 2012, 12:46 PM
:rotflmao:

Insufficient Coffee should be and actual message on the screen Joe!lol...

it's a really bad spiral...

you suddenly realize "huhoh, I need coffee", but you continue on regardless, thereby multiplying the effect :doh:

Mikz86ta
October 31st, 2012, 08:30 AM
Ok thanks, I just hit DLoad of the V7.5.7 Build 211 (Jun 22 2012) first one listed on the Download page. Once its on my PC I will Run it.
Thx

jordylee18
November 2nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Any news when the latest beta release will be available for download?

Blacky
November 2nd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Any news when the latest beta release will be available for download?

We haven't got any specific date for the release yet, sorry.
The beta test is going very well, a lot of new features are working, some still have a few issues, we're working on fixing them.
Once we have a stable beta we'll announce a release date. We're planning on it being before the PRI show in Florida in December, but no guarantees since we haven't finished testing yet.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
November 2nd, 2012, 02:27 PM
We haven't got any specific date for the release yet, sorry.
The beta test is going very well, a lot of new features are working, some still have a few issues, we're working on fixing them.
Once we have a stable beta we'll announce a release date. We're planning on it being before the PRI show in Florida in December, but no guarantees since we haven't finished testing yet.

Regards
Paul

Keep up the good work!!! The current build is working perfect. Cant wait for the next release, Im sure it will be great also.

gmperformancecentre
January 6th, 2013, 01:35 PM
anymore news on when a new update will be released.

FUBAR
January 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I want a newsletter!!!! Lol

joecar
January 7th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I want a newsletter!!!! LolSign up for the newsletter at www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com)

Behold
January 19th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Any teasers to the new features???

Blacky
January 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM
The V8 Scan Tool software will be available in the next update. Some of the more interesting and important features of the new Scan Tool software are:
1. Ability to search the log file (forwards/backwards) for user defined points of interest (e.g. "Knock>0 and TPS<20").
2. Easy to use data filters.
3. Fully integrated calculated PIDs - no more manually editing the calc_pids.txt file.
4. Insanely fast load/display times. V8 loads a 300,000 frame log file (3 hours of E38 logging) in about 2-3 seconds. V7 takes over a minute to load just 100,000 frames.
5. OpenGL support for even faster chart display (http://www.opengl.org/)
6. More accurate chart data display - shows all peaks and valleys no matter what zoom level is used.
7. Documented log file format to allow easy read/write file access to third party applications.
8. Copy/Paste data to Excel.

I am hoping to have a pre-release ready this week. It was supposed to be last week but some problems were uncovered during testing and they are still being fixed.

I'll try and post some screen shots later today (if I get time)...

Regards
Paul

Behold
January 20th, 2013, 08:57 AM
The V8 Scan Tool software will be available in the next update. Some of the more interesting and important features of the new Scan Tool software are:
1. Ability to search the log file (forwards/backwards) for user defined points of interest (e.g. "Knock>0 and TPS<20").
2. Easy to use data filters.
3. Fully integrated calculated PIDs - no more manually editing the calc_pids.txt file.
4. Insanely fast load/display times. V8 loads a 300,000 frame log file (3 hours of E38 logging) in about 2-3 seconds. V7 takes over a minute to load just 100,000 frames.
5. OpenGL support for even faster chart display (http://www.opengl.org/)
6. More accurate chart data display - shows all peaks and valleys no matter what zoom level is used.
7. Documented log file format to allow easy read/write file access to third party applications.
8. Copy/Paste data to Excel.

I am hoping to have a pre-release ready this week. It was supposed to be last week but some problems were uncovered during testing and they are still being fixed.

I'll try and post some screen shots later today (if I get time)...

Regards
Paul

WOW.... You guys have been busy!!!! Well done. Will look forward to it. Anything making scan better is a step many will love as its a major part of tuning.

ScarabEpic22
January 20th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Yesssss on the Scan tool! At SEMA 2011 Donna was saying you were hard at work on it, glad to see its almost ready!

Are the late 2012 and 2013 E78 OSs going to be included as well as some new E39 OSs in this release?

DrkPhx
January 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Wow. That sounds great Paul. I can't wait to see it and use it. Great job.

Duramax 6.6L
January 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Can't wait for this update

Blacky
January 20th, 2013, 02:00 PM
At SEMA 2011 Donna was saying you were hard at work on it

That's not a typo, I really have been working on the V8 Scan Tool for that long :( (longer actually).
The V8 Tuning Tool is looking pretty cool as well but its not quite as far advanced as the Scan Tool yet.

Paul

joecar
January 20th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Good job :cheers:

gmperformancecentre
January 20th, 2013, 04:12 PM
thanks for the update paul

ScarabEpic22
January 20th, 2013, 04:27 PM
That's not a typo, I really have been working on the V8 Scan Tool for that long :( (longer actually).
The V8 Tuning Tool is looking pretty cool as well but its not quite as far advanced as the Scan Tool yet.

Paul

Yep I know, I also know that good software takes lots of dev time. If you need a tester just let me know, I was doing SQA for a company here in Seattle for a bit.

WyoFreeride
January 25th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Will the pre release be a release candidate like previous versions or just for the beta team?

LReiff
January 25th, 2013, 11:50 AM
This is wonderful news, thanks for the effort you put into bettering an already great product!

Blacky
January 25th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Will the pre release be a release candidate like previous versions or just for the beta team?

It will be a public pre-release, for use in non-production environemnts (i.e. in test environments only, don't use it on customer's vehicles or where failure cannot be tolerated).

Regards
Paul

WyoFreeride
January 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Great, can't wait to get a sneak peek. From the teasers I've seen it looks exciting. Joe

Blacky
January 30th, 2013, 10:24 AM
The public pre-release will be posted in this forum on Feb 1st, 2013.

Because it is a pre-release we recommend using it in a test environment only and not in a production environment or where failure cannot be tolerated.
So if you intend to download and install the pre-release, please do so on a system that you are not using for tuning custom vehicles.

Regards
Paul

FUBAR
January 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Woot! Woot!!

ScarabEpic22
January 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Got my EFI Connection bench harness last week, another round of PCM/TCMs today, and this coming on Friday?! Feels like tuning Christmas haha.

Jayrcr3
January 31st, 2013, 01:50 AM
Its Friday February 1st in New Zealand! Hurry up already. :rotflmao:

Blacky
January 31st, 2013, 07:43 AM
Its Friday February 1st in New Zealand! Hurry up already. :rotflmao:
Yes it is :) I am building the pre-release today.
Paul

ScarabEpic22
January 31st, 2013, 09:22 AM
Yes it is :) I am building the pre-release today.
Paul

Yay! Working with these 4-5 MB log files are killing me in V7.5, takes 30sec or longer to filter and replot the maps. Cant wait to test V8's speed!

swingtan
January 31st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Yay! Working with these 4-5 MB log files are killing me in V7.5, takes 30sec or longer to filter and replot the maps. Cant wait to test V8's speed!

Is that all? I've got a 46MB log from an E39! 2MB to 5MB is the norm for me and has been for quite some time.

Blacky
January 31st, 2013, 10:30 AM
Pre-release is now available...
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21534-EFILive-Pre-Release-05

Regards
Paul

House
February 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
with windows 7 and 8 on the present build and release I can not do a full flash on a lb7 it acts like it flashes it but is done in 2 seconds, a cal flash does work..

Blacky
February 25th, 2013, 10:09 AM
with windows 7 and 8 on the present build and release I can not do a full flash on a lb7 it acts like it flashes it but is done in 2 seconds, a cal flash does work..

A full flash has the option to change the seed/key (i.e. to lock the controller) during the full-flash. A cal-flash does not have that option.
Regardless of whether you select the "lock during full flash" option or not, the software will attempt to save the actual seed/key pair that is flashed into the controller during the full-flash.
The software attempts to save the seed/key pair in the file:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\PCMLocks.ini (win 32 bit)
or
\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\PCMLocks.ini (win 64 bit)

For security purposes, by default Win7 and Win8 operating systems prevent applications from altering files in the Program Files folder or subfolders.

To allow V7 to complete the full flash you need to tell Windows that its ok for you to update files in that folder.

On windows 7 do this (I'm not sure how to do this same change on Win8):
Right click on the \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 folder name.
Go to properties>security tab
Click [Edit] (if you are not running as administrator and UAC is active you will need to provide the admin password at this point).
Click [Add]
Type your Windows User Name and click [Check Names], it should show your computer name and user name like this COMPUTER\user
Click OK
Make sure the newly added username is selected and check the [Full Control] check-box.
Click OK

You should now have full permission on that folder which will allow the EFILive software to write to the PCMLocks.ini file.

Regards
Paul