PDA

View Full Version : 6l80e E38 no vehicle speed

KillaKustomKables
June 28th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Ok , having some drama's with a conversion we did.
Its a L98 from a '08 VE commodore, with the 6l80e auto. The auto has had the corvette OS loaded into it.

Currently trying to get cruise control working through the BCM. Have all brake switch and cruise switch inputs sorted, But I can not get the engine ECU to see vehicle speed. I see nothing on the wiring diagrams so I assume it is sent over the CAN bus.
Is there anything that I can try to get it to read it? Or does the ECU pickup vehicle speed from the ABS?
I have also tried going back to the VE trans tune, no luck there. Also tried a pulse generator on pin 71 of ecm, no luck there.

Can anyone help me?

68sstt
December 31st, 2012, 09:54 PM
Its a L98 from a '08 VE commodore, with the 6l80e auto. The auto has had the corvette OS loaded into it.

Currently trying to get cruise control working through the BCM. Have all brake switch and cruise switch inputs sorted, But I can not get the engine ECU to see vehicle speed. I see nothing on the wiring diagrams so I assume it is sent over the CAN bus.
Is there anything that I can try to get it to read it? Or does the ECU pickup vehicle speed from the ABS?
I have also tried going back to the VE trans tune, no luck there. Also tried a pulse generator on pin 71 of ecm, no luck there.

Can anyone help me?

I have had a few different e38 os in my l98/6l80e conversion some the speedo worked via canbus some required a seperate wire from tcm to ecm and use replicated trans output signal

Phil

gmh308
February 12th, 2013, 02:21 AM

Can anyone help me?

08 VE uses ABS for speed.