PDA

View Full Version : LMM "Trailer Brake System Service" message after DSP OS flash.

LReiff
June 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I have tuned 2 LMM trucks recently that have thrown this message after a full flash to a custom DSP OS. I have the one truck scheduled to come back on 7/5/12 so I can check it out. Any help or insite on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Is this coincidence? Are other having this issue?

I have not yet tried reverting to the non DSP OS to see if the issue resolves but that will be one of the first things I plan to try.

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 29th, 2012, 12:41 PM
did you use the stock tune file when you made the DSP5 script ???

Dmaxink
June 29th, 2012, 06:17 PM
If you put a tire size of over 34" in...it will trigger this.

LReiff
June 30th, 2012, 03:06 AM
did you use the stock tune file when you made the DSP5 script ???

Initially yes. Then I switched OS to see if that made a difference, non.

If you put a tire size of over 34" in...it will trigger this.
Ok. The one coming in has the tire size set near 30". He running 225/75/R17 tires. I was messing with it last evening right before I made this post.

This truck had an H&S tuner on it before I tuned it. Would a clean flash from the dealer possibly fix it?

The other truck has 33-34" tires but was a stock OS before it lost exhaust and got tuned...unless a previous owner had messed with it, doubtful though.

GMC-2002-Dmax
June 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Pm me the VIN# only and I'll see if I have a stock-unmolested file I can send over

LReiff
July 2nd, 2012, 02:41 AM
PM sent.

LReiff
July 4th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Any new ideas on this? The guy want to tow his 5er next week and no trailer brakes makes it impossible!

JoshH
July 6th, 2012, 03:40 PM
What have you tried so far? Have you set all the speedometer parameters back to stock or installed the stock tune or at least the stock OS?

GMC-2002-Dmax
July 7th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Vin # you PM'd me comes up an invalid on GM-TIS

LReiff
July 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
GMC-2002-Dmax sent me a clean OS with the proper segments for the truck and I built the tune off that and it still pops the message. Then I hooked up a Snap-on Modis and checked the EBCM (electronic brake control module) data and it told me the trailer brake system is still disabled. I guess the only option at this time is to visit the dealer.

The other truck that left with this same message on the dash, fixed it's self. I talked to the owner over the weekend and he tells me the message disappeared and the trailer brakes work fine.

Thanks for the help!

JoshH
July 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Did you return the truck to stock and see if it starts working again?

LReiff
July 10th, 2012, 12:40 AM
^ yes.

I'm looking over the tune file right now, I see that I have B1501 as disable. Could that also disable the EBCM?

JoshH
July 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
When you say yes, do you mean you tried it, or do you mean it starts working?

LReiff
July 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I tried it and as far as I know it doesn't fix the issue. This issue appearantly came about when the truck got flashed with the xrt-pro. Tony got me the proper OS with the correct segments (according to TIS) and I started over with that. The OS that I read out of the truck after the xrt-pro was removed is the proper OS number but it has totally screwed up segments.
The guy that owns the truck is out of town this week and he had to take the truck. I'll know more in the following weeks once it comes back. Maybe it will have corrected itself by next week but I don't see how unless its something that simply needs to go through a relearn procedure.

JoshH
July 11th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Gotcha. Hopefully you can get it all sorted out.

LReiff
September 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM
I had the truck to the dealer this week to get this sorted out and they are baffled. First they said it was a bad TBCM so they replaced it and got no change. Then I twisted their arm a wee bit and convinced them to reflash every other module on the truck to be sure it wasn't a segment issue, which it's not. Now they are saying it has a bad EBCM. I guess we'll know in a week when it goes back to be finished.

TBCM = trailer brake control module

EBCM = ABS motor/pump/computer, it's all one unit on the new trucks

Motorzane
September 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
You can buy the EBCM separate from the pump/motor. I think they are $220 list at the dealer

LReiff
September 20th, 2012, 07:12 AM
I'm only going by what the tech told me. I guess he'll get an eye opener when he only gets a module to install! So far everything is being covered by warranty.