PDA

View Full Version : Who's using dyno integration

limited cv8r
July 1st, 2012, 04:55 AM
Just wondering who's using dyno integration with V2,what do you think of it and how are you using it to improve / help your tuning. I may have the opertunity to use a mainline dyno soon and just looking for tips on getting the most out of this feature.

GMPX
July 1st, 2012, 10:57 AM
It's probably going to be a silent thread, only because I know the workshops here in Australia that do use it with their Mainline's probably aren't even registered on the forum.

JezzaB
August 7th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I use it a bit here and there (more so when I was testing it for Andrew/Todd, etc) Dont think they ever got around to putting in the inertia correction in though and other PIDs

But i mainly run on our Mainline a TechEdge wideband and Andrew has modified the dyno software so that I can get serial into the dyno and I use my other serial out to send to my V2. So the data is EXACTLY the same.

Redline Motorsports
August 7th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I wish I could integrate it with our chassis dyno....

GMPX
August 7th, 2012, 05:02 PM
What make is your chassis dyno Howard?

Redline Motorsports
August 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
What make is your chassis dyno Howard?

Its a Land & Sea Unit

http://www.land-and-sea.com/chassis-dyno/chassis-dyno.htm

I like it because you can get into the software and configure things like EFIL.

There engineers are very knowledgable and we've talked to them about this. Just need to get you guys together.

Howard

GMPX
August 8th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Just need to get you guys together.
If you look in the V8 folder on your PC, under 'Documents' there is a pdf called "EFILive FlashScan Serial Protocol", that pretty much covers everything they need to know. Beyond that they should contact Paul.

limited cv8r
August 30th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Could somebody please post up or PM me the proceedure/setup to use efilive V2 with a mainline dyno.

Highlander
September 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I wish I could use it with my DynoJet.

The best integration has always been the wideband integration!!! :) But if I had a dyno integration, it would be golden.

GMPX
September 4th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Could somebody please post up or PM me the proceedure/setup to use efilive V2 with a mainline dyno.
Contact Andrew at Mainline for the settings in their software. For V2, just set the serial port to Dyno.

I wish I could use it with my DynoJet.
Can that dyno output serial data?

Tre-Cool
November 4th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Rather than start a new thread, is anyone aware if the digital dyno dynamics dyno's have integration with efilive? I baught a 2nd hand digital dyno a few weeks ago for home. hehe and while it's not really necessary to integrate lots of data, im mainly interested in measured hp/torque and wideband data.

limited cv8r
November 5th, 2012, 12:07 AM
No, that's why I bought a mainline. DD have had as much time as anyone else to do it, but if you have dealt with them before you would realise things happen very slowly at DD.

joecar
November 5th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Rather than start a new thread, is anyone aware if the digital dyno dynamics dyno's have integration with efilive? I baught a 2nd hand digital dyno a few weeks ago for home. hehe and while it's not really necessary to integrate lots of data, im mainly interested in measured hp/torque and wideband data.Have you contacted Paul...?

GMPX
November 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I baught a 2nd hand digital dyno a few weeks ago for home.
Err, honey, what is that big thing sitting in my car space in the garage? A dyno. Of course it is, perfectly normal thing to have in the garage.

Tre-Cool
November 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM
no wife, no problem. lol

it's actually in the shed anyway. with a couple of drag cars and large family all with v8's it will come in handy.

joecar
November 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Yes, every family should have a dyno.

Boost
November 5th, 2012, 06:38 PM
lol this thread is awesome :mrgreen:

ScarabEpic22
November 5th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I will have a dyno in my dream garage, give me 10-20 years. And a nice lift so I dont have to crawl around on the ground working on my rides. Its not too bad on SUVs, but dealing with cars is a nightmare.

limited cv8r
November 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM
This was my carport a few years ago.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Boost
November 6th, 2012, 12:38 AM
cool!!!! :rockon:

GMPX
November 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM
What is it with you guys out West and home dyno's? I'm pretty sure our local council would not allow such things.

Tre-Cool
November 6th, 2012, 02:58 PM
i live out in the sticks on property zone residential/light industry

still to finish seting up.

limited cv8r
November 7th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Hey,it's like a new car or a big boat. If you've got it, flaunt it.:pokey: .