PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 staging question

GP406
July 1st, 2012, 09:20 AM
hello, i make some search but without success. i have a dsp5 switch on my lb7, i am interested by the staging option, but i am not sure of one thing.

my truck is a chevy S10 with duramax and 4L80 with reverse manual valve body. not tcm, no speed signal to the pcm.

staging option is not in one particular dsp tune, if i activate the staging option, i will run this on all of my tune? if yes, is not a good option for a daily drive street/strip truck, i cant see nothing to activate them only in my race tune.

thanks!

p.s. ecuse my english, i am french Canadian

GP406
July 4th, 2012, 09:43 AM
nobody use this option?

DirtyMax03
August 4th, 2012, 07:39 AM
On my 2003 LB7 in the stock truck with a built Allison, I haven't found the DSP5 Staging to be useful. I get that it is supposed to allow the truck to hit a certain boost then references the fuel limit table for the DSP5 staging to try to hold it there. Either I haven't found the correct fueling to hold it there (mm3) or the DSP5 staging isn't much good.

I use the "parameters" in the base cal for DSP5 under "Engine Torque". Here you can set G0909 to a desired 'ft*lbs" and that will limit fueling. If I put 500 ft lbs here on my DSP5 Race tune than it will limit fueling to about 60mm3 with my foot on the brake and throttle above 90% (ie. floored). This yields about 2200 rpm,12 psi 4wd boosted launches with makes my truck leave the line like it was shot out of a slingshot.
However, like the DSP5 staging, this applies to all of the DSP5 cals as it is the 'base tune' but if you set the throttle position that it kicks in up around 90% than if you ever wanted to manually stage it than you just can't go above 90% throttle which you probably never would manually staging anyhow because the brakes wouldn't be able to hold it.

Ian
McGiffen Performance Engineering (southern Indiana)