PDA

View Full Version : 20 Degree timing offset still there?

LBZoom
July 3rd, 2012, 12:46 PM
Hey guys,
Having a couple issues, unfortunatley the customer can't get me a log until he gets back from his vacation....

Flashing auto trans trucks and they run fine..... flashing manual trucks I'm having issues it seems...

The one in question here has trouble cranking and misses while driving, which makes me wonder if the 20 deg offset is still active somehow? I was pretty sure it was corrected last update, I did however use the timing calculator in the software, may have done it wrong though.

Thanks!

GMPX
July 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
Since about Sep-2011 the timing offset was corrected, so many versions ago.

LBZoom
July 3rd, 2012, 02:22 PM
That's what I was thinking, have to dig deeper now.... thanks!

WisconsinHick1
July 4th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Did you start with a clean stock file? I know that if a Cummins has a tuner on it before you run EFIlive it doesn't start out clean. The Cummins computers will hold some old tuners information.

LBZoom
July 4th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Yep started with a clean file from the Internet, both trucks are 5.9 2006, and both have had Smarty in the past.

Both trucks barely want to start and they load up with fuel and then cut out and even die. Same file on an auto runs fine?!

WisconsinHick1
July 4th, 2012, 04:40 AM
How about trying to change to a different OS.

LBZoom
July 4th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Well I thought about that, one of the guys had been making some basic tunes himself, he sent me the base stock file that he's been using and it was the same OS as the one I sent him.... Makes me think it HAS to be the tune, anyone have an email I can send the tune file to look over?

dodgeram082500
July 4th, 2012, 07:32 AM
does the truck actually start or just it just sputter and die