PDA

View Full Version : DSP5 wiring

hardknocks
July 4th, 2012, 07:41 AM
i have a LLY and was going by the instructions from EFILive v7 tutorial. but there are some in consisatancies.. it is showing the blue connector on the pictures and the paper that came with the DSP5 switch says to use J3 connector which is a grey connector,which is the bottom connector on my ECM can someone clarify this? and can i run my truck before i put a custom tune in it with the switch installed?

WisconsinHick1
July 4th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I don't have the instructions in front of me so I can't help with that but I do know you can run your truck with a switch installed without a custom tune.

Brian1
July 7th, 2012, 07:04 AM
In the tutorial the LLY for DSP2 uses the Gray connector. On the LB7 which is a different controller uses the blue connector. From the tutorial on LB7 and LLY DSP page 14.

LB7
Signal = Blue connector, pin 69
Ground = Blue connector, pin 49
LLY
Signal = Grey connector, pin 32
Ground = Grey connector, pin 50

Now the what you are seeing is the following. The portion with the pic is discussing the connection for the DSP Output option. Not the Switch. It uses the blue connector for that as described on page 15.
The connections to the ECM output are made to the following pins –
LB7
Output = Blue connector, pin 39
LLY
Output = Blue connector, pin 27

No problem installing the switch before a DSP5 tune applied. The pins on the ECM are inert to the GM tuning so nothing happens. Some have both DSP2 and DSP5 switches installed to make changes to what they want. But only one or the other if the correct DSP program is in will be actively seen by the ECM.

Brian

joecar
July 8th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Moved to Scanning -> Diesel.