PDA

View Full Version : Need a lesson on DFCO!

Redline Motorsports
February 17th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Title says it all!

I know nothing about this function.:help2:

There I said it! Now what??

Howard

Dirk Diggler
February 17th, 2006, 02:19 PM
DFCO is Deceleration fuel cutoff all it does it cut the injjectors and timing for poeple who like to engine brake. Its also a fuel consumption thingamagig

joecar
February 17th, 2006, 02:46 PM
In the tune tool, each DCFO table/parameter has a description of when that parameter enables/disables DFCO.

Redline Motorsports
February 17th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I suppose of you have a car that may pop on decel it could be used to clean it up?

Black02SS
February 17th, 2006, 08:44 PM
One way to find out is to disable DFCO and see what happens. If it doesn't pop then you can limit it in the tune, if not then you know the problem is elsewhere. I had this problem on my car a long time ago but since I disabled it alltogether, it has went away. If it does fix the problem, I would try and reduce its effect rather then just eliminate it.

dfe1
February 19th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I haven't noticed much difference in DFCO relative to popping, however, it does improve fuel economy. It's interesting when you have FlashScan running while you drive and the system goes into DFCO-- you can watch pulse width and timing take a nose dive and engine braking feels more aggressive. It's all pretty transparent unless you open up the gap between enable/disable too far.

oztracktuning
February 19th, 2006, 02:23 PM
It will be popping when you put the throttle back on or when it comes out of DFCO. The way to decrease popping may be to make sure its not rich when it comes out of DFCO. Mine used to pop loudly my son thought it was awesome BUT it was because it was far too rich on very low throttle openings - when DFCO was not active

joecar
February 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Is the "raz" sound on closed throttle deceleration at lower RPM's related to this...?

QUICKSILVER2002
February 20th, 2006, 03:16 AM
DFCO will also help fuel trims, since the 02 sensors don't get enough heat during these conditions. DFCO has its own cell.

QUICKSILVER2002
February 20th, 2006, 03:16 AM
DFCO will also help fuel trims, since the 02 sensors don't get enough heat during these conditions. DFCO has its own cell.