PDA

View Full Version : EFI live How to Mentors

06redram
July 8th, 2012, 02:58 AM
I like to thank you all for your input and out on how to work with EFI live. I been following Doghouse, Zac Fuller, kory W, Dan diesel, Les, Andrew aka Fubar and others i missed.You all rock on helping the newbies that are trying to learn.👍

FUBAR
July 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks! But like Les said, we're all still learning...that's part of the fun, changing, tuning, tweaking...till you're up at 2am with your eyes glazed over the laptop screen and you forget what heck you're even doing..lol

06redram
July 8th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Andrew for a kool quiet guy ur to funny, but so true with ur statement about the addiction that THE LITTLE BLUE V2 BOX have on us! LOL

06redram
July 8th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Now I know what they mean about tweaking😜 ( addicted )

DoghouseDiesel
July 8th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, when you wake up at 3 am and you're still seeing green, yellow and red artifacts in your line of sight, that's when it time to step away from the computer.

:-)

2007 5.9
July 8th, 2012, 11:51 PM
It's defiantly a labor of love!!

My wife has finally come to terms that after I get home from work...that I'm in my cave for hours working on tuning!!!
I come out for food, water, and bed.

Wash, rinse, repeat!!!!

LReiff
July 9th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I'll have to show my wife this thread! She thinks I'm the only one in the world that spends "too much" time playing with tuning etc. LOL

06redram
July 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
This is a true thread about the life of a EFI tuners it is not fake it's real as it can be. IF UR NOT Tuning your Tweaking like its no end of getting that last little bet HP. If u don't like it u can step off. ( Its something that I get my HIGHS FROM that make me feel good about what i do. Except when my wife say to me get off that d_m computer and come to bed always F_ing with that EFI live thingy) all I can do is say okyyyy baby I'm coming, than another hour go's by

relay93
July 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I am very new to EFI Live I have been reading re reading and staring at the screen trying to make sense of it all but at the same time trying to put things together like a puzzle one piece at a time. My thanks to Les and Rich. I have a ton of questions but I know everyone is busy. The phone calls will come.
Again thanks for the help a knowledge shared on this forum.

WisconsinHick1
July 11th, 2012, 12:45 AM
This is a great place to come for knowledge. Thanks all for the help.

Mikz86ta
July 11th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Nice of you OP. Wish there was more help in Gas/Vortec/V6 guys like the deisel. Man theres a ton of deisel guys. Wonder how a Duramax in my S10 wouold work out..haha

slows10
July 11th, 2012, 10:51 AM
^^^ There is a ton of help on the vortec v8 and v6 forum. Really no different than a gen3 engine IF you have swapped to a 0411 or later 1mb ecm in your truck. Ask a sensible question and lots of guys will come out of the woodwork to help. Also you can use the search function. What ever your issues are have probably been covered a while back. A v6 4.3 vortec is basically the same engine as the 5.7 v8 vortec minus two cylinders. And they have been tuned to death.

Mikz86ta
July 11th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yea I do alot of reading other ppls stuff. Id rather search and ask a smart question than a dumb one. I have on file a good bit of info. Just meed to start applying it. Semms alot more current deisel stuf as of late. I also search thru other tuner forums for tidbits of info :)
I have 2003 with 1MB for the record

dodgeram5-92500
August 14th, 2012, 12:56 AM
I second that thought, you guys are great about helping solve people's issues and for us newbi's giving us direction.