PDA

View Full Version : dsp5 reflash w/o having orginal os or current dsp5 os

relentless addiction
July 8th, 2012, 04:50 AM
i had someone call me wanting their ecm reflashed with my tune files, thats fine no problem. where im stuck is the truck already has a dsp5 os and switch installed i need to flash over this, how can i figure out which dsp os to use the 5805, or 0005? also how can i change his vin to show correct to his truck? its an lly...

Brian1
July 8th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Need more info like what the person has as in if a Flashscan and what piece V1 or V2 or was it a pretuned ECM, or if tuned by someone at a shop.

Brian

relentless addiction
July 8th, 2012, 07:29 AM
flashscan v2 and was tuned by someone in northern ky

Brian1
July 8th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Being an LLY best to have the owner have a GM service dept reflash the ECM to stock. This way you can build the tune off a tune based on the vehicle and its options it has. From my understanding the LLY tune is more specific based on options it has. LBZ and LMM is pretty clean so any base OS should work but in the LMM 2007.5 and 2008 some odd things happen in that even with the same OS version. Worst is have the person pull what can be read and then you will know the DSP os and then looking at the DSP pdf file you can find the base OS version and then try to locate one.

Brian

relentless addiction
July 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
what do you mean by pull what can be read?

Brian1
July 9th, 2012, 04:06 AM
One can't fully read out a DSP tune but you should be able to determine the OS of the DSP and then be able to know what the single base OS tune was from the pdf file if that is what you are after.

Brian

relentless addiction
July 9th, 2012, 12:15 PM
One can't fully read out a DSP tune but you should be able to determine the OS of the DSP and then be able to know what the single base OS tune was from the pdf file if that is what you are after.

Brian

i know i cannot read flash i was refering to the pdf file?

Brian1
July 12th, 2012, 03:55 AM
The PDF file can be found either on the EFIlive website or under the help tab in the scan and tune apps from EFILive they can be found there.

Brian