PDA

View Full Version : procharged c6 idle problem

Mike@sic
July 9th, 2012, 02:52 AM
hey guys, as the title says im having problems getting this thing to idle stoich. its bsically a stock LS2 with 57lb fast injectors. i made changes to injector flow base table but still no luck.
ive tried a number of things nd no mtter what i do it always creeps back to 17.0-18.0 . maybe im doing something wrong or i missed something. im just trying to get this thing to idle correct before i do some WOT tuning.
thanks,
-mike

Mike@sic
July 9th, 2012, 05:09 AM
so it looks like i blew a connection on one of the pipes off (prob. had a loose connection), afr's seem to be under more control now. :fingerscrossed: hopefully tht was part of my issue.

eficalibrator
July 9th, 2012, 05:29 AM
If you don't have complete (and accurate) data for the injectors, controlling fuel delivery (hence, torque) at idle and cruise will be VERY difficult.

Mike@sic
July 9th, 2012, 05:52 AM
hey greg, well what i ended up using was the data from your spread sheet. i then relized the injector flow rate table was maxed out at 7.9999 (e40, 2005 c6) so i used the difference in flow rate between the stock injectors and the fast 57# injectors which came out to bout +73% . im sure this is not the proper way to do this (i have a lot to learn still) but the car seems to idle nd cruise a hell of a lot better.
thank you for chiming in.
-mike

eficalibrator
July 9th, 2012, 08:07 AM
If you used my data sheets, you just got lucky. I have never seen data for the injectors you're using, so I wouldn't expect anything that I have released to match unless it was sheer coincidence. If they are redrilled based on another injector, it gets even worse because the process of modifying the orifice plate GREATLY changes almost every aspect of injector characterization. It's not just flow vs kPa, it also changes offset and short pulse behavior by a LOT.