PDA

View Full Version : v2 progamming truck

easymon
July 9th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hey guys can we load tunes on the v2 and program truck with out computer ? if so whats process . Also had codes come up when doing key trick but when i used the v2 it did not find any tryed all options on v2 it did clear them but thought it was wierid it didnot show any. thanks shannon

2007 5.9
July 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM
You can load tunes on the V2 via EFI Explorer...

easymon
July 9th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Ok thanks les will check it out. Have any idea why the v2 did not display trouble codes kinda baffling

ScarabEpic22
July 10th, 2012, 02:26 AM
You need to program your V2 with the trouble code information and related controller information first. Use V8 Scan & Tune, and click the little V2 icon that appears when you open it up (make sure your actual V2 is connected). Click F6 Firmware and make sure the bootblock and firmware are fully updated (if not, update bootblock first, then firmware). Close the EFILive Control Pane then click F5 BBX in the main Scan & Tune window. Select your controller in the Scan tab on the left and then in the Tune tab on the left. Click the DTC tab on the left and make sure the appropriate manufacturer is selected. Then click Program All at the bottom.

easymon
July 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
ok thanks for all the help . shannon

easymon
July 16th, 2012, 10:35 AM
You need to program your V2 with the trouble code information and related controller information first. Use V8 Scan & Tune, and click the little V2 icon that appears when you open it up (make sure your actual V2 is connected). Click F6 Firmware and make sure the bootblock and firmware are fully updated (if not, update bootblock first, then firmware). Close the EFILive Control Pane then click F5 BBX in the main Scan & Tune window. Select your controller in the Scan tab on the left and then in the Tune tab on the left. Click the DTC tab on the left and make sure the appropriate manufacturer is selected. Then click Program All at the bottom.

i dont see the cummins in the scan pids i do see it in the tune all were checked in scan and in tune. Wont let me progam 148% says need to uncheck some ''

ScarabEpic22
July 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
i dont see the cummins in the scan pids i do see it in the tune all were checked in scan and in tune. Wont let me progam 148% says need to uncheck some ''

Then unselect the non-Cummins ones (use the checkboxes on the left side) and click the red "-" button to remove the non-Cummins ones. Now select an unused slot, double click it and select the proper Cummins controller (right click to do this).

easymon
July 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Ok when i double clicked cummins controlor was not there so went to truck and auto detect but it had x not green check mark clicked ok any way. How do i know if it programed ok with out waiting till get code in truck? I did figure out how to load and progam tunes to it and flash truck with just v2 .Not sure how to log and set pids with v2 tutorals realy dont have much info. when just using v2 unless not looking in right spot. thanks for all the help shannon