PDA

View Full Version : Wont start now.

GM-OOD
July 10th, 2012, 01:55 AM
I was trying to load my DSP5 tune in my 04 LLY and now I can't get the truck to start.

When I first tried loading the tune in the ECM, it said something about the ECM being locked, I tried it again and got the vin to regester, Then I started to loaded the tune but it hung up not long after the fuel gauge went down and would not go any further. I hit the "stop" button and tried it a couple more times, and now it won't even connect to the ECM. I'm getting a "EFI Live cannot communicate with the PCM, Disconnect the Scantool if connected, Please turn off the ignition, blah blah blah" message.

HELP, how do I get my truck to run again and is my ECM now junk??????

THEFERMANATOR
July 10th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Be ABSOLUTELY certain you are using the most recent version of EFILIVE's software on your V2 and PC downloaded from the site as there was alot of issues with LLY's a few weeks back. Next go out and disconnect your batteries and touch the 2 terminals together and let it sit for about a half hour to completely discharge the keep alive memory in the truck. Then make sure your batteries are charged and hook them back up and try to reflash it then. The LLY ECM is upposed to be very good about being recoverable from a failed flash.