PDA

View Full Version : cant flash an 07

House
July 10th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Have an 07 auto that wont flash, throw $0340 code when end of flash is done, down load not accepted, the stock file will flash back in, but soon as I edit it, it will not flash!!!! Any ideas?1348513486

LReiff
July 10th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Try setting E6514 and E6516 at a lower number. I know that 270kmh has not caused any problems.
If it has full delete also disable F2275-F2276, F2281 & F2296

GMPX
July 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately that truck has an updated 'anti-tuning' ECM installed. It will only accept a 'factory stock' tune.
HERE (http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/TSB_18_007_09.pdf) is a link to the TSB issued by Dodge that explains the situation.

If you look at the image below, the 'Bootloader Rev' is 1000601, this is the anti-tuning one.
The older Bootloader version numbers are:
These are fine and have no tuning protection in them. Unfortunately you can't go back to the older Bootloader.

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/CMCBootRev.png

2007 5.9
July 10th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Ah thank you Cummins!!!!

Way to screw it up.

06redram
July 10th, 2012, 11:24 AM
So if I go to dealer to get a full flash will they put that protection software on my ECM, is that becoming the new standard to OEM SPECS ?? Our is that a 2007 thing? I need get a full flash that got me scared for my 2006

kaiserbailey
July 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately that truck has an updated 'anti-tuning' ECM installed. It will only accept a 'factory stock' tune.

These are fine and have no tuning protection in them. Unfortunately you can't go back to the older Bootloader.

So, now what?

GMPX
July 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM
So if I go to dealer to get a full flash will they put that protection software on my ECM, is that becoming the new standard to OEM SPECS ?? Our is that a 2007 thing? I need get a full flash that got me scared for my 2006
I don't believe it's possible at the dealership level to get that update programmed in, it's something done only on the ECM production line. They do however say that if an ECM needs to be replaced on an older 2007-2009 truck and it's a new or refurbished from factory ECM then it will have the update installed.

So, now what?
I'm sorry but at this stage there is nothing we can do to get your modified tune flashed in.

06redram
July 10th, 2012, 12:32 PM
So I my 2006 will be fine GMPX for full flash?

AFTERMATH DIESEL
July 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
So, now what?

You may want to find a used ECM

AFTERMATH DIESEL
July 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM
So I my 2006 will be fine GMPX for full flash?
Your truck will be fine the new bootloader only apllies to the 6.7/CMC2100 and the newer ECM's also

kaiserbailey
July 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
You may want to find a used ECM

Thankfully, not my truck. Just wondering.

06redram
July 10th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Your truck will be fine the new bootloader only apllies to the 6.7/CMC2100 and the newer ECM's also

Great had me scare to death

GMPX
July 10th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Actually, the scary part is this has been in the 6.7L ECM from day one, even on the 2007's, but, with the updated bootloader it's only become active. Almost like a virus that has been sitting dormant.

kaiserbailey
July 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Which ECM have this updated bootloader? Is there any way to tell without reading it with EFI Live?

GMPX
July 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately there is no big sticker on the case to say if it's one of those ECM's.

House
July 10th, 2012, 11:50 PM
HERE (http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/TSB_18_007_09.pdf) is a link to the TSB issued by Dodge that explains the situation.

If you look at the image below, the 'Bootloader Rev' is 1000601, this is the anti-tuning one.
The older Bootloader version numbers are:

http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/CMCBootRev.png

Any possible way to get the ECM license back then?
Thanks'

GMPX
July 11th, 2012, 12:27 AM
We can't undo a used licence, but by all means we will unlock another one for you as a replacement.
Just send an Email to support@efilive.com with a link to this thread, in the Email include your details, name, V2 serial etc.

Cheers,
Ross

Powder_Keg
July 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
So if those of us that have been able to flash but want a clean factory file shouldn't go to the dealer now to have it done? I know you said you don't think it's possible but I'm just wondering if anybody else knows for sure. Or had the dealer flash the ECM and then find out that the new boot loader is on there?

On another note. Is there anybody out there that has a clean manual file that could be flash gotten for us manual trucks? I know that tune file depot doesn't have any manual files, last time I checked.

GMPX
July 12th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Unless the dealer replaces the ECM it will be ok. I know get to some problems solved numerous people have been back to the dealer to get a stock tune flashed in, once that is done they've been able to tune ok.

Powder_Keg
July 12th, 2012, 02:07 PM
This forum needs a thanks button.

But thanks!

2007 5.9
July 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I send almost ALL of my customers to the dealer to get a fresh file..JUST to be SURE its completely CLEAN!!!

Ive had ghosts...that ive tore my hair out over.

GMPX
July 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately Les is correct, I can't think of one hand held tuner that actually returns the ECM to 100% true as it left the factory stock.

4NEATR
July 13th, 2012, 01:34 AM
So if those of us that have been able to flash but want a clean factory file shouldn't go to the dealer now to have it done? I know you said you don't think it's possible but I'm just wondering if anybody else knows for sure. Or had the dealer flash the ECM and then find out that the new boot loader is on there?

On another note. Is there anybody out there that has a clean manual file that could be flash gotten for us manual trucks? I know that tune file depot doesn't have any manual files, last time I checked.

What year is your truck? I got my manual file off the TFD, if you are having trouble getting one, let me know, I will send you one.

Powder_Keg
July 13th, 2012, 03:04 AM
What year is your truck? I got my manual file off the TFD, if you are having trouble getting one, let me know, I will send you one.

2008 That would be great if you could send me a clean factory file! I don't know my OS cause my computer is at home.

Crazyfast2002@gmail.com

Thanks!

House
July 31st, 2012, 11:57 PM
had another one come in today with same situation. A H&S tuner worked on it with no issues. But didn't chance efi it had the same boot loader as last one and computer was replaced by Dodge this week

WyoFreeride
August 1st, 2012, 05:42 AM
had another one come in today with same situation. A H&S tuner worked on it with no issues. But didn't chance efi it had the same boot loader as last one and computer was replaced by Dodge this week

Is it safe to assume the H&S still works because the checksum routines are broken and the values are forced to known good ones (that the bootloader is comparing too)?

Brian1
August 2nd, 2012, 04:34 AM

Just to be sure I understand.
EFILive will not with that specific bootloader?
H&S will tune the ECM with that bootloader?
Once one does this with H&S and return it back to stock one cannot still do anything to the ECM with EFILIve?
Or once H&S has been used that EFILive can write over the ECM?

Brian

kenturbo
November 7th, 2012, 05:03 PM
i have flashed 6.7 controllers with 601 boot loader, simply down loaded h&s tuner, returned to stock & then blew tuned file in.

relay93
November 9th, 2012, 12:21 AM
i have flashed 6.7 controllers with 601 boot loader, simply down loaded h&s tuner, returned to stock & then blew tuned file in.
So are you saying you loaded a H&S Tune into the ECM then pulled the tune with a V2 returned the tune to stock with H&S then uploaded a new EFI LIVE tune? Am I understanding this correctly?
Thanks.
Roger

kenturbo
November 9th, 2012, 03:27 AM
start to finish - read pcm with v2, did not notice i had 601 boot loader. made all mods to tune & blew file in. truck had no crank situation. i then reinstalled original tune & started truck. loaded h&s tuner in truck & road tested, brought back in shop & returned pcm to stock with h&s tuner, i then flashed in original efi live tune & all ok, i did not reread pcm at that point to see if boot loader had changed

relay93
November 9th, 2012, 06:28 AM
start to finish - read pcm with v2, did not notice i had 601 boot loader. made all mods to tune & blew file in. truck had no crank situation. i then reinstalled original tune & started truck. loaded h&s tuner in truck & road tested, brought back in shop & returned pcm to stock with h&s tuner, i then flashed in original efi live tune & all ok, i did not reread pcm at that point to see if boot loader had changed

Thanks for the reply
Roger

TorqueDieselLLC
December 8th, 2012, 08:30 AM
so i wonder if that would work on a 2010?

Boost
December 8th, 2012, 11:47 AM
That is a good question, but I don't think so.

TorqueDieselLLC
December 9th, 2012, 12:14 PM
i didnt figure it would. i did use the h&s trick today to get around the bootloader in this thred. worked just fine.

2007 5.9
December 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
So using H&S...you loaded a tune from them, returned to stock, then you were able to read the stock file and flash a EFI tune into the ECM??

cindy@efilive
December 9th, 2012, 12:37 PM
so i wonder if that would work on a 2010?

It's a different ECM with different security measures, so it won't work

Cheers
Cindy

cumminsDK
December 9th, 2012, 01:13 PM
So using H&S...you loaded a tune from them, returned to stock, then you were able to read the stock file and flash a EFI tune into the ECM??

Les,

I have been doing this with smarty but I read ECM First and save that tune to go back to if needed and use an 09 operating system non 601 bootloader to build a tune from. The smarty changes the boot loader.

cumminsDK
December 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
The reason I keep the smartys one for 5.9 and one for 6.7 is to adjust the speedometer. Again read, save, program with smarty, adjust speedo, return to stock with smarty, and speedo setting stays then build tune with previously read file or obtain a clean file if needed and flash in and speedo is accurate and truck is properly programmed

turboram
July 16th, 2013, 03:47 AM
I,m having trouble with anti tuning fault then flash aborts. Tried to load h&s then return to stock with no luck still wont let me flash it , the h&s works fine when loaded. Any help would be appriciated

cindy@efilive
July 16th, 2013, 08:04 AM
What is the exact message you get. Please include error code details too.

Cheers
Cindy

anarchydiesel
July 16th, 2013, 08:54 AM
sometimes the H&S trick does not work. It leaves the bootloader intact. Smarty has always worked for us.

turboram
July 16th, 2013, 12:02 PM
It says anti tuning Bb then flash aborting and it has me cycle the key off

It has the 601 boot block too

cindy@efilive
July 16th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Your vehicle cannot be tuned with EFILivein it's current format.

As others have indicated, flashing with either H&S or Smarty will return your OS to being supported.

Cheers
Cindy

dansdieselp
July 16th, 2013, 02:40 PM
I've never had luck with H&S. have a Smarty on the shelf for these trucks. Works every time.

hpi_jeep
August 31st, 2013, 06:30 AM
I have a 2010 c&c the truck is gutless.
Am I reading this correctly that I can flash in a factory stock tune and the truck will run?
If so I think a regular non c&c tune will suit me fine. Our stock '08 3500 non-c&c will run circles around the 2010.

kenturbo
September 1st, 2013, 04:07 AM
no you cant with efi - 2010 & newer have different controller, h&s or smarty are options right now

kenturbo
September 1st, 2013, 04:11 AM
sorry i did not see it was old body c&c. you should be ok, takes a little more work

catman3126
September 19th, 2013, 04:16 PM
subd

ryanihf250
January 22nd, 2014, 12:09 PM
I've never had luck with H&S. have a Smarty on the shelf for these trucks. Works every time.

Has anyone had any luck using the Smarty S-67-ME? Tried to communicate with one that is boot blocked and it wouldn't let it flash on that version of smarty. Has everyone been using the regular version Smarty and Smarty JR to get it to flash?

ATPCummins
January 23rd, 2014, 03:22 AM
Has anyone had any luck using the Smarty S-67-ME? Tried to communicate with one that is boot blocked and it wouldn't let it flash on that version of smarty. Has everyone been using the regular version Smarty and Smarty JR to get it to flash?

I use a smarty street tuner for those trucks. Some of my customers have used the ME version. It has worked for me every time (knock on wood!).

KhakiCummins
January 23rd, 2014, 06:02 AM

What software vversion was on the Smarty? When MADS makes a software release, it is good for all OS up to that point. If a new OS update released after the Smarty release, then the Smarty will not work until MADS makes a release compatible with the new OS. Any of the latest Smarty releases (steet or ME) should work.