PDA

View Full Version : Doing a 5.3 swap into a Foxbody & have a couple questions

BadLSX
July 14th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I'm gathering parts to install a 5.3 into a 87 Mustang & have a couple of questions regarding the PCM differences.

First, the engine that I'm looking at is either a 00 or 01 5.3. It is complete, has low miles, has a cable throttle body & runs. I get the engine, all accessories, harness & PCM for a great price. I haven't got to see the dropout yet & don't know what PCM it would have. Would anybody here know PCM the engine has? I'm hoping it's similar to a F-Body PCM.

The next thing is, can whatever PCM it may have be made to work with a T-56? I want this car to have everything work the way it should.

I also plan on using a F-Body gauge cluster, will this be real hard to make work also.

Thanks for any help

TDFDiesel
July 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I would look at ls1tech.com. they have a section on their forum dedicated to swaps. I don't see why you'd have an issue with the t56, but honestly I don't know.

Lextech
July 15th, 2012, 11:54 AM
If it is a 2000 it should be 09354896. If it is a 2001 it should be a 12200411. Either PCM will work fine. I would upgrade the Operating System to a 2002 Camaro for your project. That is the newest Operating System for that PCM.

Jeff