PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie

mustang hat'r 2
July 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I miss LS1 edit. I have the EFI live with the V2 scan tool and a WB02
I get some error asking for numbers when I go to talk to the car?
Do I need an SD card in this thing?

Basicly I want to log a file, pull my base tune and change it then upload it into the car. I know how to tune the dam thing, I understand all that. Just no really user friendly with this new style.

The auto tune, can someone explain that quickly? Do I need to buy anything or is it set up for that already?
Thanks
Jay

Jayrcr3
July 16th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Auto tune doesn't work on the E38 unless they have come up with something I'm not aware of. What kind of numbers is it asking for? Make sure your firmware and bootloader are up to date. There is also a new file you have to download and copy to keep from getting an error with the latest updates.

mustang hat'r 2
July 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Its asking for a code when I go to log a file or down load the file. Do I need the SD card in there for it to work? Its a 98 camaro if it matters

Jayrcr3
July 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Sorry, I thought you were working on a new camaro. You should be able to auto tune the ls1. I don't think you need the sd card. It should have enough memory to download your tune. The 98 Camaro should be a LS1A ecm I think. Did you enter the codes to activate your flashscan device that came in the box?

mustang hat'r 2
July 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
LOL how do I do that? At my PC or when its in the car?

Jayrcr3
July 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM
You should do that at your computer. Joecar, or swingtan will chime in soon. They are the experts.

mustang hat'r 2
July 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I'll try that tomorrow and see if it will talk to the car.

joecar
July 16th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I miss LS1 edit. I have the EFI live with the V2 scan tool and a WB02
I get some error asking for numbers when I go to talk to the car?
Do I need an SD card in this thing?

Basicly I want to log a file, pull my base tune and change it then upload it into the car. I know how to tune the dam thing, I understand all that. Just no really user friendly with this new style.

The auto tune, can someone explain that quickly? Do I need to buy anything or is it set up for that already?
Thanks
Jay
Hi Jay, welcome to the forum :cheers:

I would strongly recommend an SD card, they are very cheap (e.g. SanDisk 2GB is only $3 from Amazon, and will hold hundred++ of logs/tunes).

You should also download/install V7 build 211 and V8 build 203 from here: Downloads (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

Follow this sequence:
- install V7;
- start V7 tunetool and do Help->Register and enter your blue card info; exit tunetool;
- install V8;

- start V8 EFILive Explorer (EE),
- goto the Firmware tab;
- update the bootblock;
- update the firmware;
- exit EE;

- start V8 Scan & Tune (S&T) and do the following:
- click BBx,
- click Scan;
- delete any pidlists that are for PCM/ECM/TCM other than yours;
- add pidlists for your PCM/ECM/TCM (drag pids from the RHS into the lower LHS), if the status bars go red then remove some pids (you have too many);
- click Save;
- click Tune;
- delete any controllers that are other than yours;
- add any more controllers that are yours;
- click Save;
- click DTC's
- checkmark the GM DTC's;
- uncheckmark the Chrysler DTC's;
- click Save;
- click the down-arrow next to Program and click Program All;
- click Close;

Then click Devices and set up two things:
- automatically log external digital/serial pids;
- select your wideband controller;
(I'll leave those for you to find and set)

:)

mustang hat'r 2
July 17th, 2012, 01:25 PM
- click the down-arrow next to Program and click Program All
stopped there USB device not installed, I can click on the Icon for the scanner so IDK why its saying that?

joecar
July 18th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Go Start->All Programs->EFILive->Utilities->USB Manager

and install the older driver, and then plug V2 into your PC.

mustang hat'r 2
July 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I have a data file and I also have the the actual file from the ECU. How the hell do I look at them? I try to look at them and I get nothing? Its for a 98 camaro

tokymon
July 28th, 2012, 09:43 AM
open tune file with tune tool and datalog in scan tool
move file with efi live explorer from v2 to computer

mustang hat'r 2
July 29th, 2012, 02:42 AM
What am I opening, I have V8, V7 I have then I have the scan tool and I have the tune tool. When every I look for the file its not there and it wants to connect to the vehical. I can see the Icon that I connected to the scan tool. I read the Help file its almost worthless.

joecar
July 29th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Where are your files located...?