PDA

View Full Version : Can someone look at this log please...

LBZoom
July 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hey guys,
I had posted a while back about a Cummins manual trans that was having some issues, rough idle, and cutting in and out while driving.

I've taken the same tunes/scripts and ran them in auto trucks with no issues, however, every manual trans truck I've loaded them into has had these issues. I had one of the customers send me a log file.... Nothing stood out to me right away other than maybe some fuel pressure error counts, not sure if that could cause it or not... please look at this log and see if anything seems relevant. Thanks!

2007 5.9
July 19th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Try rebuilding the tune from a fresh file WITHOUT scripting it...just copy each table one by one.

anarchydiesel
July 22nd, 2012, 01:19 AM
there is a lot going wrong in that log. If you don't see it then you might want to rethink selling tunes publicly.

DoghouseDiesel
July 22nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
there is a lot going wrong in that log. If you don't see it then you might want to rethink selling tunes publicly.

It almost hurt looking at that log.

You could feel the fuel system trying to pimp slap someone.

In case you still haven't seen what's going on, you might want to take a good long look at your rail pressure maps and PID controls.......as well as ask the customer what he has done to his fuel system.

kaiserbailey
July 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM
For someone who doesn't have a lot of experience looking at logs, what is the biggest most obvious problem with this one?