PDA

View Full Version : East Coast EFILive Diesel Training Classes by StarLite Diesel

zfuller123
July 22nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Hello Everyone!

Wanted to let everyone know that I have gotten the bugs worked out and lined up TWO classes along the East coast for September. The class sizes will be capped at 15 people each due to classroom constraints and wanting to be sure that everyone gets what they're after.

That being said - here are the brief details about the classes. Many of you already know the formats of my classes, and if you want to read more about them you will be able to read better descriptions on my site.

The first set of classes is going to be held at Rudy's Diesel Performance in Durham, NC on September 15-16th (Saturday / Sunday). While they are primarily a Ford shop - they have the necessary facility to put on the class and have agreed to host the class. It turns out finding a shop with a dyno on the southern half of the east coast is VERY difficult!

The next set of classes is going to be held at J&M Motorsports in Manchester, CT on September 29-30th. J&M Motorsports is another facility that has an actual classroom setting on site as well as a dyno - so again the requirements for the class are satisfied so that you can get the most from the class. J&M is known mostly for their tuning on high performance gas vehicles - so there may be opportunity to get some cross platform questions answered as I only cover the diesel tuning.

In a nutshell, these two days of classes will cover working on 4 trucks - building tunes, data logging, etc. ALL the tuning will start from the ground up and have every step of the process explained. You will also receive the 'complete' training guides as part of signing up for the class. These books available off my website as well if you are not able to attend or are not interested in attending one of these trainings.

As difficult as it has been to set up these classes on the east coast, I am not sure when I will be able to return and do them again. I do have upcoming plans for the Mid-West AND west coast, but they are not 100% finalized yet.

So - if you have any questions about the classes, feel free to contact us via phone or email. contactus@starlitediesel.com (contactus@starlitediesel.com) or 435-578-1230

If you're ready to sign up:

Class at Rudy's (http://www.starlitediesel.com/EFILive-Training-in-Durham-NC-September-15-16th-RUDYSCLASS.htm)
Class at J&M MotorSports (http://www.starlitediesel.com/EFILive-Training-in-Manchester-CT-September-29-30th-JANDMCLASS.htm)

The Manchester class already has several spots sold. The class in Durham, NC is just barely being announced.

Look forward to seeing you there!

-->Zach

catman3126
July 24th, 2012, 07:46 AM
If anyone is on the fence about this class do it, I attended the Amarillo class and it was well worth the time and money to clear up any questions or to get you started.

zfuller123
September 6th, 2012, 04:01 PM
The class at Rudy's was cancelled - as announced on other forums... just forgot to come here and mention it. All interest petered out and the costs were too high for me to show up for only a couple people.

The class in CT has 6 spots left. Physically we are confined at the CT location to how many bodies will fit in this classroom that we have available.... so - if you're interested, now is the time. I will not be able to 'open up' any more spots. Simply isn't room.

Outside of that, if you have questions about these classes - there are dozens of people that have taken them from me now - from Canada to Florida - and since the east coast seems to not be as intersted as the midwest and west is in these classes, not sure when i'll be attempting another east coast class... so if this is within simple driving distance of you, let me know any quesitons you have before you sign up so you know what to expect.

Thanks!

-->Zach

HVD Performance
September 15th, 2012, 05:21 PM
When are you going to do more classes at Industrial. If i know in advance id like to fly out or drive out.

comnrailpwr
September 16th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Anything near Ohio planned ever? I would attend both basic and advanced classes

zfuller123
September 17th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I tentatively have a class planned for New Era this winter. New Era Diesel is in Zanesville, OH...

For Industrial, if things work out properly - trying for one in November - but.... i am slow at getting the ball rolling. Season coming to an end, trying to get orders handled and get my truck going for the Edge event coming up in a few weeks as well as this CT class.... busy busy!! I will be announcing classes as I get them set up. I am excited to come back to Ohio - I only hope that it doesn't involve me travelling for 24+ solid hours AFTER a full day of work prior to teaching the class.... Did that in January this year at New Era... boy was I a swerving sailor all through the first day of class :-) I'll be factoring weather into future 'winter time' classes in the midwest!

-->Zach

comnrailpwr
September 17th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks Zach. I'm excited to attend. I was on a ski trip when you were here last. I have done well tuning stock and lightly modded trucks but I finished my '03 2.6 truck and I feel its going to be a different animal to tune as its heavily modified. I understand SCI tuning is not available yet but the ways to approach big power should be similar. If not i'll throw the CAN based electronics back on.

zfuller123
September 18th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Well hopefully you won't be skiing when mine comes together in Ohio.... got another offer to try the east coast, this time in PA at a shop with dyno on site... planning to see what can come of that... but winter and early spring will be the time of MOST of the upcoming classes for the next year. Summer time doesn't work out well for me or most anyone else. Too much diesel stuff going on!!

zfuller123
September 25th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Last call! Got books to ship to CT so, if you want onboard for this class - need you signed up today. Would have done this yesterday if i wouldn't have been so buried after the H&S event this weekend but..... just the way things worked out. Let me know! Get signed up quick. I can take a couple extra books in my suitcase if i need to, but not many....

Thanks to all those already signed up! See you in a few days!

-->Zach