PDA

View Full Version : 2003 ETC 4.8L Vortec - Initial idle

1BadAction
July 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
When I first load the tune, the ETC seems to be parked a little bit to low. It stalls out sometimes and takes 50 or so almost-stalls before it learns where it should be. Meaning, when slowing down, foot off the gas, the idle drops down to 400 or less RPM and sometimes it catches it before it stalls, sometimes it stalls out totally. I've seen this being discussed on here before but can't find the thread via search now. Engine is bone stock, what can I adjust in the tune to rectify this?

1BadAction
July 26th, 2012, 11:52 PM
BTW - This truck has always done this, even when I first got it, I used to dread disconnecting the battery because it would act up when the learning was reset.

BLK02WS6
July 27th, 2012, 12:43 PM
You can increase B4307, desired airflow. That will effect the idle sitting still and moving. If you get it straight sitting still, but the idle when coming to a stop still needs work, you can use B4309, throttle cracker, to change that. Hope that helps...

1BadAction
July 29th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks man, that's the table I wanted. I'm going to clean the maf and the TB today and if it still does it I'll go ahead and tweak that airflow.