PDA

View Full Version : My cammed commodore tune file , need some advices .

Eng.LSX
July 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Hello ,

This is my first post in this awesome forum and I would like to know what do you guys think about my tune .

The engine keeps shut down in drive but idles good .

note: I commanded rich mixture to have a safe run but never run the car .

Thank you .

BLK02WS6
July 28th, 2012, 11:35 AM
I'll take a look, but it would be best if you also posted a log of different driving conditions.

turbo
July 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
i only had a look at the spark timing but it seems to have a bloody lot, are you sure its right

Eng.LSX
July 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I'll take a look, but it would be best if you also posted a log of different driving conditions.

Thanks , I'll post a log if I found a way to drive .

Eng.LSX
July 28th, 2012, 05:34 PM
i only had a look at the spark timing but it seems to have a bloody lot, are you sure its right

Well it's kind of a lot but the car was running great with the previous setup .

macca33
July 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM
What are the modifications? Spark does seem high(ish) in places, but not overly crazy for a cammed car.

Eng.LSX
July 29th, 2012, 04:51 AM
What are the modifications? Spark does seem high(ish) in places, but not overly crazy for a cammed car.

Not sure about the mods , I bought it used and it was stock and the first owner told me it had boltons , he kept the tune file anyway .

rally1
July 31st, 2012, 10:27 AM
The saprk does look a little high unless it has a cam, your Air Flow meter table also looks a long way out, can you post the tune you started with when the engine was running ok?

joecar
July 31st, 2012, 02:19 PM
Trimming is disabled, Closed Loop is enabled (so it will go into CL but it won't trim)... is this expected...?

MAF is enabled, and MAF table has a kink.

Cat over temp protection is disabled (does the car not have cats...?)

EGR is disabled.

AIR pump is disabled (if it is not physically removed from the vehicle it will accumulate condensation).

HO and LO spark tables are identical (points to running MAF-less).

WOT 3->2 downshift speed is same as WOT 2->3 upshift speed, this might inhibit the WOT 2->3 upshift.

Throttle Kickdown 4->3 and 3->2 tables are not all 100%, this will interfere with the PT upshift/downshift tables.

Eng.LSX
August 1st, 2012, 04:49 AM
The saprk does look a little high unless it has a cam, your Air Flow meter table also looks a long way out, can you post the tune you started with when the engine was running ok?

The car has a custom 4" MAF housing with the new card style MAF, maybe that's why . The previous tune is almost as same as the tune I’ve attached but without modifying the idle and PE command.

Thanks.

Eng.LSX
August 1st, 2012, 05:01 AM
Trimming is disabled, Closed Loop is enabled (so it will go into CL but it won't trim)... is this expected...?

MAF is enabled, and MAF table has a kink.

Cat over temp protection is disabled (does the car not have cats...?)

EGR is disabled.

AIR pump is disabled (if it is not physically removed from the vehicle it will accumulate condensation).

HO and LO spark tables are identical (points to running MAF-less).

WOT 3->2 downshift speed is same as WOT 2->3 upshift speed, this might inhibit the WOT 2->3 upshift.

Throttle Kickdown 4->3 and 3->2 tables are not all 100%, this will interfere with the PT upshift/downshift tables.

It goes OL at WOT , not sure if this is more stable than enabling the Trimming .

The MAF housing is bigger than the oem one and have a new card style .

Yes the car got Off-road connection pipes with LT headers .

Car is 2005 model with ls6 intake so it doesn’t have EGR nor air pump .

I'll make some adjustment regarding the shifts speed and the kick downs .

Thanks for your help .

joecar
August 1st, 2012, 09:12 AM
It will go into CL at part throttle but LTFT trimming will not be applied.

rally1
August 5th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Are you still having issues with the idle into drive? if so have you carried out the idle running air flow in gear "RAFIG" and out of gear "RAFPN" to work out the correct desired air flow?

The Alchemist
September 4th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Assuming its not cammed as many parts of the tune remain standard which would require changing had a cam been fitted otherwise it wouldn't run very well at all......See attached standard VZ Holden tune
OMG put the timing back to standard mate....the VZ's were very well tuned from Holden and required only a few changes to get the best out of them...and running 23 deg at peak torq at 4800rpm is not one of them . On our crap fuel here in NZ they will tolerate 18deg or so on 95 octane and about 19 to 20 on 98 octane. Timing at the limiter, log and adjust to around 22 to 23deg max. Nothing to be gained up there anyway with standard heads and cam.
attached is a base VZ calibration for you to have a look at the timing tables so you can adjust yours according. Flat lining timing at full load like in the tune in your car shows a degree of inexperience with tuning. I realise you brought it like that....
VE table is bascially factory and will be miles out with bolt ons.....and massively miles out with any cam upgrade !!!!

Assuming its cammed: OMG get it tuned for the cam see above comment.....
Whats your vacuum at idle??