PDA

View Full Version : New guy help

mustang hat'r 2
July 28th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I finally got my V2 scanner to work, I logged a data file and I pulled the tune out of the ECU. Its a 98 camaro. How the hell do I look at the files? I can save them, I have the scanner hooked to my PC but I cant see shit. Thing is making me nutts.

joecar
July 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Start the V8 EFILive Explorer (EE) program...

goto the Scan tab, you should see your log files in the lower pane;
drag the log files from the lower pane (V2) to the upper pane (PC);

goto the Tune tabe, you will see your tune file in the lower pane;
drag it from the lower pane to the upper pane;

Exit EE;

start the V7 Scantool and open the log file in it;
start the V7 Tunetool and open the tune file in it.

mustang hat'r 2
July 30th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Start the V8 EFILive Explorer (EE) program...

goto the Scan tab, you should see your log files in the lower pane;
drag the log files from the lower pane (V2) to the upper pane (PC);

goto the Tune tabe, you will see your tune file in the lower pane;
drag it from the lower pane to the upper pane;

Exit EE;

start the V7 Scantool and open the log file in it;
start the V7 Tunetool and open the tune file in it.

Got the tune file to work that way but my data log file wont work. It looks like a notebook file, its the wrong format. When I do a data log and I want to stop do I just shut the car off and pull the scanner off or is there a sequence to get the thing to save correctly? I'm still not using a scan disc yet is that my issue.

Thanks for all the help with this, dying to put my bigger cam in the car and spray it.

joecar
July 30th, 2012, 11:44 AM
To stop logging, you press the power button (i.e. the same button you pressed for starting a log)... V2 will then say "Saving log to file xxxx.efi".

if you just pull the scanner off, the .efi file is not closed properly so Windows will not be able to read it correctly.

mustang hat'r 2
July 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM
To stop logging, you press the power button (i.e. the same button you pressed for starting a log)... V2 will then say "Saving log to file xxxx.efi".

if you just pull the scanner off, the .efi file is not closed properly so Windows will not be able to read it correctly.

Thank you sir
jay

BLK02WS6
July 30th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joe to the rescue! You are the man!

Hey Joe, I haven't used the black box logging at all with V2 - can we do it with serial wideband input? Saw someone complaining that HPtuners still couldn't do it and wondered if we can... I always use my laptop because I'm making changes constantly - but it is useful to not send your laptop bouncing around in the passenger seat (or floor) of a racecar at the track...

joecar
July 31st, 2012, 04:55 AM
Hey Bret,

Yes, BBL logs the serial wideband pids for the widebands that support serial comms;

( if you find a wideband that is not supported by V2, give Paul the serial comms details from the manufacturer and he will try to integrate it )

you can configure V2 to automatically include the wideband pids (so you don't have to mention them in the BBL pidlists):
- start V8 Scan & Tune (S&T),
- goto F6:Devices,
- goto F6:Logging,
- checkmark Automatically log all digital pids,
- goto F8:Serial I/O,
- set Com Port to Wideband,
- set Wideband Type to your wideband (e.g. Innovate (LC-1, LM-1, LM-2)),
- if the Stoichiometry box is present, set it to your wideband's stoich AFR (14.7);
- click Save and save to filename Settings.dat;
- click Close;
- now goto F5:BBx and configure pidlists/PCMs/DTCs.

V2 supports 2 of the same type widebands daisy chained together (e.g. any 2 Innovates).

The wideband pids are:
EXT.WO2LAM1, EXT.WO2EQR1, EXT.WO2AFR1, EXT.WO2ST1
EXT.WO2LAM2, EXT.WO2EQR2, EXT.WO2AFR2, EXT.WO2ST2 (if a 2nd wideband is daisy chained with the first).

[ also, with the Innovate widebands, from V2 you can command the wideband to perform free air calibration ]

Most of the people doing Calc.VET have been logging the serial wideband via V2 BBL.

:cheers:

mustang hat'r 2
August 2nd, 2012, 05:15 AM
I got eveything working but one thing. Speedo cal, I swapped out gears and put 4.30's in it. I opened the speedo cal and the data is blank I get a little pop up error that there is not rear gear so it wont calculate, I put the tire size in blah blah, it changes the main screen the pulse per whatever but when I loaded it in the car the speedo is way off. I'm doing about 110 mph and the speed is reading about 45mph.

mustang hat'r 2
August 2nd, 2012, 05:27 AM
NM for some reason it was calculating the puses per kilometer to 70000 instead of the 35470 like it was needed, I just manually put it in.